Light Turns on when you send print doesn't turn off

I am having the same issue P1S

This is still a problem for me as ALL the cabinet & AMS lighting attracts critters during overnight prints. IMO a total dark-mode option would be great if someone smarter than me can R&D thatā€¦ But all I can find online are ppl MacGyverā€™ing solutions for MORE lightā€¦ hahaha

I have problems with bugs being attracted to the printer on overnight prints too. I think Iā€™m just going to disconnect the lamp. There are instructions on the wiki to replace it - just do the first half. Then do the M960 command for the toolhead light.

It would be nice to have an ā€˜all lights off optionā€™ though.

yep sounds like a plan man.
Its funny but my initial issue with insects went a bit furher though. Here in Australia its common to have friendly guests called Huntsmanā€™s (Huntsman spider - Wikipedia). One morning I thought my X1C had a light brown loom of wiring fall from behind the mobo panelā€¦ they turned out to be legs :slight_smile:

1 Like

The infuriating thing is it turns on automatically, so somwhere in the software they could fix it. Or tell US how to fix it!!! But tech support themselves dont even know what the software does

1 Like

Yeah, Qld here. Perhaps itā€™s only Australians that worry about this because weā€™ve got all the bugs :slight_smile:

Funnily enough I got it working they way I want today, as follows.

• (Using Bambu Studio, donā€™t know about Orca)
  • Add M960 S5 P0 to the end of Printer start gcode
  • Key step. Make sure the light is off before you click Print Plate
  • When you click Print Plate, then Send, the light should stay off until the end of bed levelling.
  • 2nd Key step. When it starts Layer 1 the light comes on - switch it off again

After that the light should stay off, at least it does for me.

I was also wondering if it has anything to do with spaghetti detection. That would need the light on I think. Mine is on, havenā€™t tried turning it off.

Hey David, thanks for that mate Iā€™ll see what use I can make of it. So far it makes sense that the code/script is an ā€˜end of jobā€™ instruction. So in effect, you are telling it to not put the light ON after final layerā€¦ as it usually does. I donā€™t want to sound like a FDM guru, Iā€™m not, but I noticed when watching a print via the phone app with LED off I see glowing trace like an IR light under the print head. Itā€™s my guess that is how LiDAR and AI tricks I.e. spag detection can see in the dark - but Iā€™m often wrong :wink:

If I manually turn the light off after I send the print to the printer it always stays off for me. What the printer did when I ORIGINALLY GOT IT was the light did not turn on or off without the user MANUALLY turning it on or off.

now it turns on Automatically, I just donā€™t want the light to turn on automatically. at all. and Bambu Support keeps saying there is a Gcode to do this, but they cannot give me the Gcode.

ALSO, it doesnā€™t makes sense that its a Gcode because the light turns on BEFORE the printer is even done downloading the print job from the app or the deskop app.

Yep all true. But AFAIK what is occurring (by adding a final CLI command) is making sure it turns OFF at end of jobā€¦ But Iā€™m still new to this

You mentioning spaghetti reminds me of another issue I dislike with the X1ā€¦ AI detected failures will indefinitely keep the build plate hot enough to fry an egg, until you respond to a pop-up asking to resume or abort.

1 Like

Iā€™ve done two all dark overnight prints now, no problem.

You need to turn off the lamp twice. Once before you click Send, once after it comes on at the start of Layer 0. Then it will stay off.

The M960 codes turns off the toolhead lamp. It has to be put at the end of Printer Settings ā†’ Machine G-code ā†’ Machine start G-code

With the spaghetti detection the build plate has to stay hot till you confirm it. Otherwise if it makes a mistake and you want to continue, it wonā€™t be possible because the print will have detached from the plate.

AFAIK spaghetti works for the entire print if itā€™s switched on, eg it picks up a print that detaches half way though. It probably doesnā€™t work when the light is off, so a few failed prints might be the price of all dark mode.

Edit to add. They could probably make spaghetti detect work in all dark prints by, for eg, turning the light on for a second every couple of minutes. But thatā€™s probably a feature request.

I unfortunately own a P1S rather than a X1C but if I did I would modify my printer to tap in the logo light to activate a relay that would activate the led feature. That way, the led would switch off at the end of the print when the logo light switches off through gcode. I wonder if I could not do it with my P1S though as the connector for the fan has multiples pins, a pair may well be for an absent logo light, I should dig into it :wink:

Best of course would be for bambu lad to modify the firmware for the led to switch off at the end of the print but it is so obvious they should have done it and they did not that I wonder if that is not simply a limitation they cannot introduce.

Iā€™m in the same situation with my new P1S. I love the printer but having come from using Klipper firmware on other printers Iā€™m missing the customisation. I would have thought thought having an option to turn on and turn off the LED at the end of the print would have been a pretty standard feature though.

Having the same issue aswell with my new P1S - LED turns on when print starts, and never shuts off unless I manually power off the printer.

Did anyone find a non-invasive fix?

Just a (conspiracy-ish) theory of mine, but have a gut feel that Bambu want the camera feed (and the related model/gcode) for AI/learning. Hence; intentionally turning on the light at print start (before gcode is downloaded). But I think it would be a valid feature request to have it automatically turn off after print end.

ā€¦or even better; implement a feature like Ultimaker; ā€œConfirm print removalā€ on the menu on completed print. Can keep the light on until Iā€™ve removed, even. Would also be handy to prevent accidental print starts a non-empty bed.