Lines in walls on X1C

I’m having a constant issue and can’t seem to figure out what’s going on. I ran this print in 0.8mm high quality and there’s a single layer that is not in line and looks bad. This has happened on numerous prints and I can’t seem to figure out what the cause is. Any ideas?

Also notice how it’s not across the entire print. Just one side of it.

This print took a long time and I’m not happy that I can’t get it to look smooth even when on high quality.

You need to add more details.
Nozzle size. What filament was used.
What is this that you’ve printed?

Off the cuff, I’d say after you’ve sliced, check the speed and flow visuals in the popup window that comes up. Sometimes there can be a speed/flow change when you go from, say, the base of the print to the walls. I’ve had issues with PETG with certain prints and found lowering the volumetric speed in the filament settings can help.

Using the 0.4mm nozzle with Bambu PLA Matte filament.

The model is an enclosure with rounded thin walls. The total thickness of the walls where the failure happened is about 2.5mm. Where this is happening has no infill, it’s all walls.

I ran another print with some different settings and there was a similar failure higher up in the model. Seems to fail every time now. The one in the photo was at a low speed, this last one I tried faster.

First, there is no need to print such a part in 0.08mm, 0.2mm will be a better layer height.

Your part must have bent on the bed, reason why you have this layer issue.

I think your machine needs a good cleaning. Carbon fiber rods and the pulleys at every corner that lead the belts. Check your belt tensions too.

Mine started doing this and now I’m having even more problems :pensive: