Live view lag

Is it normal to see this much lag on the camera’s live view? My prints with octoprint have zero lag. Is it my network, or do I need to change something? I have 2GB fiber, should I be running this locally and not over the cloud?

1 Like

I think yes, as far as I know, it does not use a good video compression, I think it use MJPEG… so even static image take huge amout of data to proced, the bandwith used by this camera is near 4 or 6 times more than my regulat IP camera wich use H264 or H 265. There is two problems I guess it make a lot of IO (network + recording) and processor have a lot of work to do, not to mention the bandwith with a powerless wifi.

This is one problem I had and was able to improve a bit, it caused by the Wifi range of the Bambulab wich is really low, you may get better result if your Bambulab have direct view of your router.

EDIT: but the recording file does not have problem, that is the most important

The some topic https://forum.bambulab.com/t/x1c-laggy-video-feed-in-studio/5129/7
On X1 X1C it’s working smooth, but p1p has less powerfull mainboard and cam working lowres or low fps as I remember.

There is IMHO definitly a problem with the Wifi power or atennna, at first I was unable to view video until I put the printer nearer to the Wfi router. I have a lot of IOT objects and cameras that are a lot more far and do not have direct view on the router and all works fine, even lowcost ones.

So it’s all about the quality of the WIFI network :>>>
I have X1C in a completely different room than the router, and 0 problems. Streaming is perfect and live all the time.

Do you mean actual lag, or are you talking about the framerate of one frame every two seconds? Because the frame rate is what it is; the camera sucks because the P1P processor sucks and can’t handle a better camera.

1 Like

It’s like 2FPS and It also does not make a timelapse video and can’t access the SD card from Bambu main app.

1 Like

No it’s not 2FPS, the P1P camera is 0.5FPS, one frame every two seconds. Time lapse videos are saved in 2 minute long clips on the SD card if you have enabled recording.

I do have recording enabled but they do not save and the camera does not show up on my Phone App, only on my Windows app, and yes like .5 FPS. I think I need to reset and redo it, I installed the camera after 3 days after receiving the printer.

So what is the requirement for monitoring the work? Does this solution provide that capability? If not then send in a support ticket explaining why the system does not work (I assume as advertised).

1 Like

the stock P1P camera is utter trash for monitoring your prints, and forget about remotely monitoring, you can only view the camera from home. I use a Pi camera which can be used to view a 1080p 30fps stream from anywhere. In case anyone feels like doing an easy upgrade.

1 Like

will this different camera inhibit any features like spaghetti detection?

From the Camera page in the Shop: “The Smooth time-lapse is still under development as well as Spaghetti Detection. Please stay tuned!”. So I think, they are working on a cloud solution for this.

1 Like

I hope so, my Ender 3’s with Octo have spaghetti detection plus auto prints!