Make the hot end accept E3DV6 nozzles, much better for unclogging

Hey you guys have an innovative design but it doesn’t lend itself to unclogging easily. If you made the hot end just a tiny bit bigger with a threaded hole to accept a V6 nozzle you wouldn’t have to change the heater or thermal sensor. But if you had a clog you could just heat the hot end, unscrew the nozzle, clear it and re install. I’ve already ruined a 0.4 trying to unclog it. The wires are relatively fragile and they will break eventually from removing the hot end. This would allow folk to use more specialized nozzles if they needed to. Then make a sock that covers said V6 nozzle and only allows the very end to protrude. I think this would be a very good addition to the product lineup.

1 Like

I join the bambulab fan and i allready have some olson ruby nozzle ( edv6) i want to use with it.
Please make this possible
Thank you

There are aftermarket hot ends available that allow for normal screw in type nozzles. Be aware that not ALL nozzles will work though.
I’ve been using this one for a few months and it works very well.

I’ve been using one of these: Printables

With a Bondtech CHT nozzle, and it’s been fantastic.

The aftermarket hot end being only $10-$20 helped me to just go for it, in case I ended up destroying it while trying to drill it out. :sweat_smile:

1 Like