Micro Lidar issues

Hello all,

So about 2 weeks before Christmas my hubby bought me a Bambu Carbon. It was really cool to set up and run. It ran really well with no issues for about a week and half. I went away for 5 days, no one used it in this time frame, and when I got home I was looking forward to using it again. But lo and behold I started receiving MicroLidar warnings. I cleaned the lens and everything that I could think of. Then the build plate warnings started. Are these related?? Is this happening due to the Micro Lidar being “messed up”??

I contacted Bambu and they sent me the USB-C and Micro-Lidar to replace. Well I replaced the USB-C cable, as they said to do this first. Micro-Lidar is still not working correctly. So I guess I will have to replace the Micro Lidar next.

Is or has any one else had these issues?

Help? I am a newbie and this is quite frustrating.

TIA

The micro lidar can be glitchy on the bed plates and the first layer inspection just so you know it will not hurt to try the new micro lidar and see what happens on your printer.

I turn these blue settings off and use only the low or medium on the AI monitoring.

I have exactly the same issue. Installed the USB-C but have not received the Lidar.

Ok so I replaced both the cable and the micro-lidar. DID NOT help. Still having the same errors. So contacted Bambu and they send me out a bunch of other stuff to replace. It just came today, so that is a weekend project. Will update if it helps.

At this point, if this does not work, I may blow a gasket. I would love to play with my new toy, the one that was a Christmas present, the one that only worked for a couple of weeks. --sighing loudly–

If any one has any suggestions or thoughts, please share. Thanks

Michelle

What parts did they send you this time, the tool head board and ap board ?

Is the big white sticker on the right side of the bed plate ok ?

The micro lidar also needs the correct bed Z distance. Is the bed leveling ok ?

What firmware version is on the printer ?

Same experience here. LIDAR replaced, but it is still trying to calibrate next to the calibration plate. Quite easy to see when taking a video of the calibration attempt. I have the dual red laser but am not sure, if it has the older boards or the V09 boards.

In my case, I am not really sure if it worth going through another tinkering loop when it is clear that the hardware is OK but not adequately supported anymore.

V8 Board has wire harness and V9 has the ribbon cable FYI…

Differences between the versions

1 Like

Many thanks for the pointer. I had seen that, but was only able to make heads-or-tails out of it after your reminder.
So with the V9 already in (at least in my case), I doubt that hardware replacement is actually going to do anything.

At least the error occured within the warranty period (EU). Still very annoying (and rather silly on Bambu’s side) to having been given the run-around by being asked to do unnecessary, filligrine and hence risky hardware “repair” work.

In my case, yes

Well, it did change slightly when the LIDAR gave up initially. Some print plate gouging underneath the prime lines that did not occur beforehand.

First occured when upgrading to 01.07.00. No improvement with 01.07.01. or 01.07.02.

Hello EnoTheThracian,

Have you done a Bed Tramming Procedure if not do this next ?

Is the lidar bottom plastic housing level to the bed plate and not warped up or down ?

The prime lines, the ones in the front or rear and what bed plate are you using this way I know what your z offset is being used if you are still having problems after the tramming procedure .

Are you using any custom g code Z settings ?

1 Like

Hi 3DTech,

The problem is that since the v01.07 update the LIDAR is trying to calibrate next to the calibration plate. No mods, custom g-code, etc. Just the plain printer with a nicely level and even bed working flawlessly for 5 months pre-v01.07, but trying to calibrate in the wrong location (X & Y) post-v01.07.
In fact, a firmware bug is among the 4 root causes for the “Lidar failed to calibrate” listed in the wiki already pre-v01.07.

The really frustrating thing is being sent on a wild goose chase by support. I am actually a great fan of the X1C and Bambu in general. But with support not actually adressing the issue and providing “solutions” that incurr a high risk of actual hardware damage, my enthusiasm is waning rather rapidly.

O ok I understand what you are talking about now even after doing the micro lidar calibration it is still off on the xy scan location with only firmware 1.07 or higher… :frowning:

See if they have a next level support team member and give them this link maybe they will start understanding the problem more :crossed_fingers: or they might be already working on a firmware solution :crossed_fingers:

Initially, I thought so too. But it has been 2 updates already, would have been entirely avoidable in the first place (Bambu stated before (!) the 01.07. update that firmware is a likely bug causing this issue) and we are now asked to perform filligrine hardware repairs which in themselfes may cause additional damage while not being refunded for not delivered consumables or required purchases …

Yeah, I thought about how to ensure an adequate priorization. Being patient, providing multiple logs and pics, buying parts and repair consumables without a refund, performing said repairs, etc just did not appear to be the right incentive for Bambu support.
So I had a chat with my legal protection insurance during todays ticket 1 month aniversary. By now, that is the only way I currently see to get out of these unnecessary and unproductive support games.
Just glad I am in the EU and opened my ticket before the end of the important initial 6 month period. :crossed_fingers:

I am actually a big fan of Bambu of Bambu and its products. But it is apparent that Bambu has bitten off more than they can chew.

So: Apologies for the rant!
And many thanks for your open and free sharing of experiences and knowledge as well as your willingness to help and assist :heart: .
That is what I enjoy most about the forum :heart:.
Please keep your :crossed_fingers: for us LIDAR sufferers and hope that Bambu takes more care in the future.

1 Like

SO YEAAAAA, my machine is finally up and running and has been for the last 4 days straight.

So I (my hubby really) ended up replacing the TH board set and the MC-AP board along with the cables that sent with those two items. Why is it a brand new machine needed so many parts replaced literally right out of the box? And then, I (my Hubby) had to do all the work to get to work. Makes no sense to me, but alas, it is up and running at this time.

Thank you to all that listened and gave their input.

Have a wonderful 2024.

Michelle