Missing Support Layer Height option

When selecting a support filament for interface layers, there is a pop-up with suggestions on settings. One of these is to disable “independent support layer height”. I have searched through all available options and the page on BambuLabs wiki page on Support details and I cannot find this option anywhere. I am on the most recent release of BambuStudio 1.6.2.4. Please help point me to where this option is set, or if it is hidden, please add it to the user interface.

In a more general issue, I have found that BS is not respecting the “Top Z distance” values if they are less than the model set layer height. Before reporting that as a separate bug, I wanted to experiment with the independent support layer height option to see if that made a difference in behavior.

2 Likes

I can’t seem to find it either - it shows up in the setting search, it’s supposed to be on the “Supports” Tab…

Do you have Prime Tower enabled? That makes it disappear (though it should grey it out with an explanation on mouse-over instead to avoid this confusion).

Ah nice! That was it. It is hidden when Prime Tower is enabled. With Prime Tower is disabled, it shows up with the description explaining this;

From this I think there is one bug and two requests

Bug

1. With Prime Tower enabled, don’t hide Independent Support Layer Height option. Instead disable and gray it out. Otherwise, there is no way to know how these two options depend on each other.

Requests

1. Add this information to the bambu-studio support wiki page as the link suggests.
  2. Please add functionality so that both of these options can function together. The way it is now, it limits the capability of using the AMS for support material. With a prime tower (needed for AMS multi-material), it is not possible to tune support interface layer Z-distance. Without the independent layer height control, you are locked to increments of the overall layer height. This probably should get it’s own separate thread.
1 Like