Multi-Color Bleed Through

I tried my hand at my first multi-color print last night and I am seeing a dark ring from the black text all the way around my print. I suspect there is probably an I option I can check or adjustment I can make to keep this from happening…so it is orange all the way around.

I suspect its probably in the infill options section, but thought I would ask here before I burn through more filament trying to locate the option.

Here is a pic of the print issue.

1 Like

I believe this is from the “Flush into objects infill” on the other tab. Make sure that is checked off.

Looking to see if I had that option checked or not…I have the “Flush into objects’ infill” unchecked and “Flush into objects’ support” checked.

I tried unchecking both option and ran a small second print and got the same results. :frowning_face:

You can adjust the flush volumes for every color combination - if you increase the flush volume when switching from black to orange, you should be fine!

2 Likes

I saw in a YouTube video that the flush volumes were defaulted to high and should be lowered to save on wasted filament.

Setting the flush volumes back to auto seem to correct the issue.

Thanks

1 Like

You’re welcome.
Default is the same for all color combinations. “Auto” looks at the colors of your 4 spools and calculates higher values when switching from a datk color to a light one.
So if you switch colors in your ams, rerun “Auto”.

Is there a save value to put as a default for all the colors?
Going from Orange to Black auto set to somewhere in the 200s, but going from Black to Orange was in the lower 600 range. I just feel like 600 is ALOT of waste…or maybe its just me. Im still learning all the tweaking of 3D printing in general.

I’ve been trying to tackle this problem for a while now, and none of the suggestions above seem to do anything.

As you can see, flushing is off between red and white filaments, flushing into infill and support is off, but it persists in flushing from red to white.
This example comes from three assembled shaped coloured independently.

Did you ever get this fixed? i am having the same issues.

Sort of, This post describes how I did it. It’s clunky, but it does work.

Start off with no other settings, just split them into objects, assign a colour by right clicking each object, then select all, and join them back up. If that doesn’t work, play with the infill, and purge settings.