Multi-color support filaments

In Bambu Studio, there is an option to choose Support/raft base filament. It would be nice to have the ability to choose more filaments and let slicing algorithm to decide the optimal support for current layer to minimize material change.
E.g. on the ballerina model, there are layers, where only one filament color is used for model, but because of the supports of different filament color the tool have to change. It wastes time and material.
My idea is to select filaments [1] and [3] as possible support materials, and the slicer would create multi-color supports, where there the support layers at arm part would be from [1] Bambu PLA Basic white filament.

1 Like

If you set support to virtual extruder 1 instead of 2 - I expect you will get a little bit of wasted changes at the bottom of the model - but not the ones doing the upper arm?

Also what happens if you set the support to ‘default’ rather than a specific virtual extruder?

3 Likes

Thank you!
I had selected one extruder before the first slicing and then checked the difference with the other one. Then the idea of selecting the optimal support filament for current layer came out. And it is already doing it as default. :smiley:

It is exactly what I wanted.

1 Like