Multi plate automation for A1 mini

Our paper printer can print multiple pages. Why shouldn’t our 3D printer be able to do the same?

This summer, I’ll be launching a multi plate automation add-on for A1 mini. This easy-to-apply add-on will let you print multiple build plates at once, making your printing experience even more convenient.

Here’s a quick preview for you to check out:

Demo video 1: Preview

Demo video 2: 100+ plate changes in a row

Demo video 3: multi-color print with AMS lite

Demo video 4: advantage when printing large multi material projects

This new feature will open up a whole new world of possibilities for you!

Here are just a few of the ways it’ll make your life easier:

• Print multiple plate projects in the most comfortable way

• Reduce the material waste and save material swapping time by using one material per plate

• Stop playing puzzle while trying place all of your parts on a single plate for another overnight print. Just use multiple plates…

• … and minimize the failure risk by distributing parts over multiple plates. We’ve all been there, right? That frustrating moment when one detached part ruins all parts around.

• Start or scale up your business with minimal investment and bring your ideas to more customers

And the best part? It won’t cost you hundreds of dollars/euros more to get started. We designed it to be as affordable as a few spools of filament.

If you want get notified :postal_horn: once this automation add-on kit is available for pre-order, please give a thumb up :+1: to this post…

…or/and drop your email address in this form :clipboard: :pen:.

Stay tuned!

PS: This version is not for the (big) A1. Please read here.

433 Likes

Interesting! Impressed with what looks like a very smart design, looking forward to learn how removing plates turns out. Already own the A1M but your video made me include some grey coloured PETG and some Textured plates in my next order.

I assume it requires printing with a A1 /X1C /P1S sized bed?

2 Likes

No, all parts are A1 Mini sized. There will be a hardware kit to order (containing all the complicated mechanical parts) and printing files for download.

8 Likes

Intrigued. Following and looking forward to seeing the release.

1 Like

This is how it look like in the morning…

PS: the box setup is a WIP for now ^^

17 Likes

This looks fantastic! Are there plans for an A1 version at all?

8 Likes

Yes, but it’s made by other team and I’m not sure about progress.

3 Likes

What??? If I knew I would order it now on discount, can you give me discount or some stuff from the store? :rage::rage::rage:

Welcome to the forum.

Have you received a Bambu printer in the last 14 days? If so you can apply for a rebate. Check the FAQ at the bottom of the link below. Be sure to change the store to the one you purchased from.

5 Likes

Won’t the pei plates damage each other when dropping into a bucket? Won’t you get scratches etc on them?

Not really. Maybe the smooth would. I’m using textured all the time. But I assume it depends on the fall high and the individual setup.

EDIT: it hard to see, but in the setup shown above the plates are not falling into the box directly. These land at the edge of the box first and then sliding down.

Like the look of this idea.

Not exactly sure from your video how you release the plates. Is there any possibility of adapting the concept to allow plates to be handed off between multiple A1 mini printers too ?

I would like to eventually create something like the multi printer concept in the attached video - but I think a row of printers that can swap plates between them mid print - for fast multi colour / more than 4 colour and a degree of parallel printing would also have a fair number of the benefits.

Multiple A1 Mini Concept

1 Like

Don’t get me wrong I LOVE the concept. Will immediately buy it when it comes online for sale. I have 17 bambulabs now and expanding rapidly. Mostly x1c and p1s but with this concept it will be a huge production flow improvement. Just sling on a 3 kg spool and take the weekend off. Im mostly interested in the A1 version though. Need the build volume. Kudos kudous and godspeed with the prototyping. I’ve been waiting for this type of concept for a while. It’s basically the holy farm. Grail.

1 Like

Would love this for the normal A1, have about 8 of them and running them 24/7 would be huge. Love this concept tough.

2 Likes

You sound so entitled xD tf

2 Likes

It looked like sarcasm to me.

I’m not working on A1 but there is another team who does. I will send you a private message.

2 Likes

I also would love to know about the A1…this looks amazing!!!

1 Like

Although its difficult to see whats going on, it looks like a lift and tilt mech with an extended tray lip to grab the bed ?, looking forward to both of them … as it looks really good so far

Hi, your idea is looking interesting, and really cool animation. I’m also huge fan of Blender using it for over 15 Years now. :slight_smile: To be honest I’m concerned about feasibility. BambuLab printers are not like an open source kit which can be easily modded even on electronics level. But the idea in general can probably work. Have you seen the recent video from Proper Printing ?

He built a similar working prototype. I have not yet seen the video entirely, but I can imagine that moving the entire X-Z assembly would make the printing quite slow.

2 Likes