MW destroyed the point of uploading files to MW, Possible Solutions?

------------------
IN THREE SIMPLE SENTENCES:
--------------------------------

1º - They Limit the Download per user to 5-10 downloads / day.
THIS is the main reason that makes users not get downloads. The rest NOT count.

2º - They CUT IN HALF the points earned.
THIS is the reason to get 1/5 to 1/10 less than before. Use first statement and this one.

3º - They OPEN the download with No registration.
Now , your limited downloads, will be , even more limited.

I have more than 40 Anime Logos + Coasters + Keyrings, all edited by hand, stl independent inside, all Multicolor. ONLY compatible with Bambustudio and Bambulab Printers.

I was planning to upload about 30-50 more. Now Im planning to delete them or move to another site.

MW needs to realize that without bambustudio colored models, and having so few models compared to Thingiverse and Printables, they are totally out of the game.

PUNISH users that MAKES MW BETTER is not the way to grow.

If you have problem with bots, fix them, but dont harm the community.

Sorry if my words looks rude, but im only telling the truth.

POSSIBLE WAYS TO FIX THE SITUATION

• REMOVE the limit download per user/day.
  • Only 1 month old users can get points.
  • Only Users with machine-ID Linked can get points.
  • Other fixes…
35 Likes

Agreed.

If BL has a problem of people gaming the system, fix THAT problem and not at the expense of Makers.

Calling the many recent changes a solution to that problem is disingenuous given the multiple changes seemed to attack those who helped build MW.

Before anyone chimes in with “that’s business” or “be grateful” or “leave if you don’t like it” my points are about honesty by BL about the reason behind the changes.

If BL wanted to kill the users gaming the system, they wouldn’t have also dropped the points and equations for those NOT gaming the system.

7 Likes

I think all these changes actually ruined by spammers trying to game the system. MW had no choice to clamp down everything even it hurts the legit makers.

I just found one, for example: Makethebest124 | Published - MakerWorld

All uploaded within timeframe and all gets downloaded. But it seems capped out; it would explain or backup the No.1 you mentioned.

2 Likes

ONLY my 36 plates Super Mario World pixel art with keychain or magnet, took about two complete weeks :

• making all art, pixel by pixel, to be compatible with ams 4 colors. Most of gfx are 12 to 20 colors.
  • doing videos
  • doing docs, images and snimated GIFs
  • printing every model
  • photoset to each model, and edit to transparent PNG

No more than 10 downloads in 2-3 weeks.

Its complete nosense.

Similar packs are in 2k downloads pre-nerf.

3 Likes

I think there are ways to control bots and not harm legit users that are making models for bambulab printers.

Im not uploading anymore with download system being false and capped

2 Likes

So… you copied what others did and expect the same, just to get you right.

This seems to be yours.

This the one you referring to.

1. The author has better images
  2. The keychains look more consistent
  3. The pack ranks higher in search
  4. The model is featured
  5. The author seems to be loving keychains
  6. The author already has a follower base

Maybe start with something that is unique?

13 Likes

What you’re really saying is I’m not getting more of those sweet GiftCards so I’m taking my marbles and going elsewhere? Its sad to see people are getting bent over this, but it’s starting to get a bit old.

MW was never going to feed your kids and pay your mortgage. The generous Rewards Scheme was never going to continue to be exploitable at the level it started at, the writing was on the wall. There are other avenues available to derive legitimate income, they may be profitable if you hustle.

13 Likes

It’s very unfortunate man, I understand your point. MakerWorld is new in terms of receiving virtual currency for points. This quickly became known and was manipulated fairly quick due to lead designers at the time posting 50 gift cards and adding printers to their carts as a flex.

I see the passion you have for this and you can be rewarded, just don’t expect much from MakerWorld for what your bringing to the table. MW has chosen to represent a selection of “Designers” and push “Featuring” them, no one that’s average will be in this forefront.

Please for the sake of progression and improvement for youself and the skillset you have, move to printables. Grow a following and become a patreon and you’ll be rewarded WAY more than anything MW could’ve provided. This was never intended to be used as such platform like patreon, the reward system ruined it imo and would’ve been extremely different if a cash valued gift card wasn’t an option but merely tangible items. The fact MW sees these topics being discussed and let’s the debates, arguments, and bullying continue shows their true colors.

104 people had taken the time to create a “trustpilot” account simply to review bambulabs as a whole (Since it’s the ONLY way of reviewing them) and that equates to a 2.7/5 star rating… As a business, that’s not a great look at all even if you have a decent working product.

Thank you very much for your kind words. It is really amazing to find a person with good judgment, speaking with respect and being considerate with the hours of work invested by the rest of colleagues. THANK YOU, you are an incredible person.

Sincerely, the thread has been opened as a generalized complaint to the 3 points that I consider that are going to end MW as a quality platform for those of us who have trusted in the BambuLab ecosystem.

To this day, I still use Printables and Thingiverse, because honestly, in MW there are not even 10% of models.

This post was to look for possible solutions and for MW to keep growing. Otherwise, it will be relegated to an anecdotal position, even below Cults3D.

I would love that people could provide positive solutions to this situation, beyond punishing the creators of content for the platform. Situations that benefit us all.

If anyone has positive suggestions on how to improve the current situation, they are more than welcome.

You’re welcome :call_me_hand:t3: I’m a complete up front person. Protospyre is my company. I own it with another guy that sees that same values. Although he doesn’t completely agree with the use of MakerWorld in general because we focus solely on our work outside which pays the bills.

Not sure if you were part of it but back in January MW reached out to ask the community some suggestions to improve the incentives towards creators and complex models. Based off that and the hundreds of suggestions they came to the “boost” conclusion… I’m more so mindblown how they landed here from what everyone suggested.

It’s as if you asked for ice cream and someone gave you sherbet…basically I don’t think at this point they’re listening to “community” feedback. They rather listen to the small number of designers only here for points haha :joy: who still upload to other platforms.

I honestly haven’t been on printables for quite some time and I just went there and funny to see just how many models are there as well MakerWorld. I’d laugh if they tried to make it a paid service because that would just boost printables even more! Printables grew downloads by 3x the amount last year than 2022 as well holds 3 million user accounts. Hardly anyone knows what MakerWorld even is, only Bambu lab users and that’s some of them because I seen a post of someone saying “I used the printables version on Bambu labs and download a file from there”… couldn’t even read it was called MakerWorld or merely didn’t care to notice because of how irrelevant the platform is on their level. MW should be for the people not the people for MW

2 Likes

Wow. I’m way out of the loop here. I’ve always downloaded files others have graciously posted on various sites for free. When I’ve made my own models, I keep with the spirit and post them for others to use how they will. Not that I’m making anything overly complex or Earth-shattering.

4 Likes

@Makerworld and @BambuLab need to take notice of the OP sentiment. Yes, it is emotional but he was willing to say it on the forum. ALOT of designers are quietly saying the same thing by simply not uploading new designs here at Makerworld. Yes, there are a few (Very Few) of the vocal minority that sing praises and bash people for being upset with the changes, but the silent majority are walking away from this site.

I knew the point system wasn’t going to stay that way and I think most would agree that they new it would be cut back at some point. But by cutting it by more than 80% you are not just trimming, but killing your website. You need good designs that people love to get new people to buy printers and filament and makertools, etc. Those are not being uploaded anymore as the designers are quietly walking away.

8 Likes

Maker World was 10x as profitable as Printables. I think it is reasonable that they tone it down. The Boost Token is interesting. For example: One of my designs was only downloaded by one person. But the person gave it a Boost. Because it was exactly the model they needed.

3 Likes

Key word here is WAS. Now it is almost equal to printables, maybe slightly better - but with 1/4 the users and dropping…

4 Likes

Looking at the last 11 days, I got 199 points, when converting my boost tokens to points. The 11 days before that, added up to 153 points.

1 Like

i understand that they needed to limit the points, and the amount we got before was never going to last but i think they went to far to quick should have been a more gradual decrease, but its starting to feel like they are actively trying to kill the site, literally asking makers to remove their models because they have too many. Asked to remove simple models

yes they were simple models but they were all requested by the community and there is only so much you can do with a silhouette, and they all took time to make and filament to print to follow all of MW rules.

2 Likes

Looking at Trust Pilot, most of those negative reviews are from people who have chosen not to learn the language they primarily use to communicate so I can’t really trust them to learn how to use a 3d printer.

Bad joke aside, you really can tell a lot about a bad review when they are just super vague about their issues. And especially when you have had a lot of the same interactions with very different outcomes. I do believe there are some legit issues but most of those comments seem like people don’t take the time to learn things.

2 Likes