My fist error - extruder destroyed

500 hours of printing, yesterday had fist clogged, and did not know what is going on, today, my filament cutter did not work, and saw some stuff on the bed… did not know what is going on, and after disassembly I found destroyed extruder. I think that after the cleaning the last time I must have tighten the screw to much.

So beware.

Oof that sucks. Good news tho is the store has replacement parts for a reasonable price, and I think they moved to a stronger plastic since the new ones are not transparent. I assume you have an older kickstarter unit?

Yes the kickstarter one. It is quite expensive… due to TAX it is 66 eur, I have ORBITER 2.0 with motor for that price.

Hmmm. BL extruder $45 Orbiter v2.0 $65 in US before TAX. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

we have 22% tax :frowning: ,
and when buying outside via strange turns, buying things with 0% VAT
so it is quite expensive when i recalculate my basket when checkout at bambu

Yeah. Sorry to hear that.

1 Like

today I said to my self, if I know and learn something is that I can copy the extruder and do it in carbon or ASA and make my own. before my new one that I bough arrives.
I disassembled mine and OMG would you look at that… IT IS DESTROED. I don’t think I could do that my self.

It looks like you would need a complete housing. Should be possible to make a CAD-File but it will be a lot of work.

If you have all the pieces, get some epoxy and you might be able to glue if back together and hold long enough. If you get over fill on the outside, you can sand it down after it cures.