Mysterious tape - grabbing air! Do I have a screw loose - in my AMS?

Howdy mates - MY AMAZING X1-CC just arrived - I ham in full assembly mode right now!!! :+1: :partying_face: :+1:

Cracked open the AMS and noticed a piece of tape inside - holding nothing - there is a small speedbump in the middle of the tape with air only, like it held something?!?
Do I have a Screw loose in my AMS, that will crash the gears and make my X1 explode like an action movie car off the cliff in the middle of the air always explode?!? :cold_face: :cold_face: :cold_face: :cold_face: :cold_face:

Help mates!!! The mystery is killing me!!! :scream:

That is nothing, just a loose piece of tape. Take it out and thats it.My AMS didn’t have this piece of tape.

cheers from switzerland

Okey, but it must have taped “something” down!?!

My piece of tape was holding an extra PTFE tube.

or was it the ptfe tube that goes on the back of the AMS to connect to the printer… so much time passed by already, I can’t remember exactly.

Mine had one installed, and an extra taped to the inside. I assumed it was for the units purchased separately.

Oh, yeah there was a piece of ptfe tubing inside the AMS. It looked like it was squeezed in and that it was quite lodged without need assistance of tape. (Tape was not close to the tubing) But you are in all likelihood correct mate! That must be the answer… :slight_smile:

I just started my first print, the scraper.
I pressed “load” in the AMS tab.
It consistantly squeezed out a neverending pimple/worm - is that how it does?

You get used to it. Print it a litter box next. :joy::+1: Enjoy!