Mystery Filament Fault

I am getting the below fault but it is not true. Something sure enough wrong but it is not filament loaded to the tool head. Each of the AMS ptfe tubes are empty as is the common tube to the toolhead.


.
I have checked every inch of PTFE tubing and there There is no filament anywhere near the toolhead and my 4 AMS’s do not behave correctly when I load filament into each filament funnel.
My expectation when I load a spool is it will take up the filament and md then roll the spool back and forth to get a good reading on the RFID tag. It does not do that now. It will take up a few inches of filament but stops with maybe a foot of filament run into the machine and then stop. It never tries to read the RFID. I have 3 AMS units and they are all doing the same thing. Cables all connected, I swapped SD card as precautionary measure although I did not really expect it to be the problem.

As I have cycled through the AMS, each slot loses the RFID data so it “Sees” all of the AMS devices and since I have an AMS 2 Pro and an AMS HT I can put those two devices in drying mode but no joy on any attempt to print or cycle a slot to read the RFID.

Going to call it quits for tonight and pull the AMS Hub off in the morning. Seems like that might be the culprit as it is a common point to all the AMS devices but I have not had that ever give me problems so do not know how a hub failure shows itself.

Check the filament sensor, depending on the specific printer, its usually directly north of the extruder. Maybe first hit it with some compressed air to blast it into a rest position.

From software, on the device tab, you can tell if the machine thinks it is holding a piece of filament. This is an a1 that’s filament sensor is saying it has filament in the throat


and this one does not have filament in the throat

The little green circle thing.