Need better seam

I love my Bambu X1C for everthying but I miss my old Prusa Mk3 for one thing: the seam.
The seam in prusa is much much better.
May I humbly ask the developer to give this a priority in the software improvement.
Thank you in advance.

1 Like

What are you missing?

I’m getting a beautiful seam with a 15% gap.
Only if pressure/linear advance is off, the seam is looking bad.

You do have the ability to change your print settings and minimize the seam to the point where it’s virtually invisible

Provided flow and linear advance are properly calibrated, is the seam gap the only setting I might want to change? I tried changing it from 15% to 30% which did not show any noticeable effect…

1 Like

Adjust your retraction and wipe settings

1 Like

Err… not very helpful.

I mean, if you can’t figure out how to adjust retraction and wipe settings like every other printer/slicer then I guess that’s on you. You have the information you need to make seams nearly invisible if you want

Nice, do you mind to tell us where to start?

Which one, there are several settings. Increase or decrease? On or Off?

Well, unfortunately you did not provide any useful information. Why did you post the link to the other thread? I see people complaining about bad looking seams but no solution.

No offense, but I don’t understand the purpose of your postings. Now we know you’re able to make seams invisible. Nice to know. Does it help someone? Maybe not that much.

2 Likes

If you look in the thread that I linked there is a link to
a page instructing how to minimize seams. There are also pictures of settings that another user changed to minimize their seams.

If you don’t want to help yourself then why do you expect people to help you?

3 Likes

Then why didn’t you post the link to the instruction page here? Why do you let me (and others) dig through the other thread and search for two words in blue color? I didn’t see this link and you have to admit it is very easy to miss. If anyone is interested, here it is (easy to spot):

And for the settings screenshot, I’m not feeling overly comfortable in changing multiple settings without any reasonable explanation.
Btw: this is not about me, I didn’t complain about the seams on my prints. I was just curious about the gap setting and I still am. :wink:

9 Likes

you can paint your seam as well, if you want … some people look only in the parameter settings, but not on the painting settings.

If the link was the only useful thing in that thread then perhaps I would have just posted the link. We also don’t need several threads all addressing the same issue.

I’m strongly of the opinion that if people can’t be bothered to try to solve their own problem, then they don’t deserve to have a solution handed to them. Google is free.

I know, I’m an a-hole.

2 Likes

Quite right, although I suppose it is inevitable, especially with a product that attracts a lot of newcomers.

I agree, but there’s no harm in answering a quick question, is there? :slight_smile:

I’m pretty sure you’re not, you’ve just been successfully teased by a notorious nitpicker. :innocent:

2 Likes

There is quite a bit of hot discussion here.
I’ve been some years into 3d printing, and I know how to use the slicer and how to change it’s setting to make a better seam.
However, I know how to do it doesn’t mean I have to.
For Prusa MK3, the defalut setting is perfect enough that I dont’t have to do anything extra.
Don’t take me wrong, I love my X1C. I just want it to be perfect. I want it to be better than my Prusa in every aspects.

Sure, but Prusa Slicer has been developed for like 7 years now, so it’s a much more robust program. And you can still use the Prusa Slicer to use the default seam settings and print them on your X1C.

I feel like the hardware is already there. Hopefully, in time, the slicer catches up as more and more people start using it.

That being said, I don’t think there will be a consumer grade 3D printer that is “perfect” anytime soon (from any company). Too many variables. Too complicated.

Bambu Studio is a fork of Prusa Slicer. That 7 years of Prusa Slicer work applies to Bambu Slicer. I think what he’s looking for are more finely tuned defaults for Bambu’s printers.

2 Likes

And Prusa Slicer is a fork of Slic3r.

Sure, but how many developers and how much experience did Prusa gain in those 7 years fine tuning it to their machines? How was Prusa Slicer in the first year of its release?

The slicer isn’t tuned to any particular machine, the profiles are. The 7 years of work on the slicer benefit all machines. Again, I think what he’s looking for are more finely tuned defaults for Bambu’s printers. That doesn’t require any work in terms of coding the slicer. It does take time for Bambu to test and refine their profiles, however.

I have to say, though, that I don’t feel that seams are any worse on my P1Ps than they were on my MK3S+

1 Like

I have none of these options, only Seam Position…

4 Likes

I only see the “Seam position” option.
“Advanced” is turned on.

Did they remove some seam options recently?

5 Likes