Need help with a printing issue on my X1C

Can anyone tell me why this is happening? This is an icosahedron and all the sides should be even. When the print gets to the top it steps out at all 5 points. Like the entire model is getting larger before it makes it to the transition. I am attaching screenshots of what it looks like in the slicer as well as a picture of the printed result. Thanks in advance for any help with this. I am printing on a X1C and using polymaker polylite pla.

also to note. This is my second attempt at printing this model and it happened both times.

I’ve personally had strange results any time I’ve attempted regular tree supports using Bambu Slicer

It’s almost as though the regular tree supports don’t jive with the model, everything from under extrusion, over extrusion, bad support contact, dimensional inaccuracies with the finished model

It’s weird and I know it must be something on my end when slicing but with that I have been using hybrid tree supports on every print I’ve done that needs support and have had zero issues with any of them

I just use the default settings for hybrid tree supports and they’re perfect on PLA, PETG and PA/CF every single time

When I’ve got time I am going to try and play with regular and slim but for now hybrid is the way for me

Give em a try on a scaled down version of your model and see if this helps, then you could go full scale

Speaking of scale I do find that when I scale up certain models they will have model errors even after repairing them or just sh***y STL files to begin with, so the actual G code might be messing with you as well :thinking:

thanks for the reply. when this one finishes i will try a scaled down version. probably should have done that first. :slight_smile:
I built this model in fusion 360 and I built it at scale. so there is no scaling going on in the slicer.

1 Like