New AMS Motor Overload Error

Hi there,

in my new AMS I have had a problem into the 2 slot.
The roll was almost finished but enough to do a 12 hours of printing, at 9 hour I have received the AMS# Assist motor overload, i try again and started without any problem. After a while again same error, I check the roll and all looks ok, restarted the job and after a while again the same error but this time he was unable to restart.
So i decide to do a deeper check, the roll was free, the filament was all in until the hotend. So i take out all the filament, cut the used part and start to load again, during all this time the printer was in pause, bed at 60 c° and hotend cold. I tried to load again the filament but start to load and unload several times since the red light blinking on the ams slot. Then i tried to load a filament from the spool but received an error from the printer head, My fault i didn’t write down, so I waste 9 hours of printing and restart all. After that I put a new filament on the slot 2 and all is going well since 2 hours, any Idea?

Don’t use cardboard spools.

Release the PTFT tube at the Hot End (extruder) and see if there’s filament in the tube. You may have a piece of broken filament in the tube. Also note that the hot end must be HOT to feed/load new filament. If there’s filament in the tube, use the cutter on the extruder to cut the filament and remove it from the PTFT tubing. Reinsert the tube and then load new filament.

Hello,

I had the same problem and couldn’t figure it out until I noticed the grinding marks on the insertion funnel of the filamenter on the AMS. Here the filament gets caught at an unfavorable angle and the auxiliary motor has to work harder and thus leads to this error message.

Check or, best of all, replace this unit on the AMS and it should work again.