New Bambu Lab X1 Series Firmware Released!

Seems like auto-filament change with the AMS is broken in some cases. I had two generic PLA black loaded and the failover to the other spool didn’t work and I had to do it manually. It is possible that it happened because I sliced the print with the Bambu PLA profile actually, though that shouldn’t matter I think.

1 Like

Nice… In a follow up of that… Will you also please enable an option to automatically turn off all lights (Enclosure and Extruder)?

1 Like

So far so good for me. Only small thing I found was, the indicators for the hot end and bed when heating, they don’t turn ‘on’ (orange color), on the touch screen.

@WillItPrint I am having the same issue after the last update, I can print directly through the cloud, however I cannot send to SD card…I have even done a factory reset. On top of all that, the timelapse no longer works…I have reformatted the SD, using same file types as before, same name structure…lesson learned about jumping onto Firmware as it is released.

Thank you for saying what I was thinking as well…

I just had the same problem today…Except I have not updated my printer since March, or even used my printer for over a month, and I could not get BS or the Handy App to see the printer, which passed all network tests. So it might be a Bambu Handy App issue after update that nobody has noticed that is causing this, and are blaming the printer firmware or BS software.

Here is what I did - Started from scratch on the printer “Scan qr code with phone and Handy app” then ultimately rebind my printer with the app. Then all my issues went away - even BS could not see it until I did that.

I STILL HAVE NOT UPDATED MY PRINTER FIRMWARE OR BAMBU STUDIO!

Hopefully this helps some of you out.

1 Like

I am also wondering if the last outage crashed a server storage and accounts were corrupted, by lost or jumbled users profiles and data.

In the past week, and since the upgrade, I am having issues where filament will not unload. I tore down the extruder assembly to check, no issues. If I remove the Bowden tube from the top of the extruder while in an error state, there is always about a half-inch of exposed filament. While the tube is removed, I can tell it to retry and 100% of the time it will unload the filament. If I take the tube and push it back into the extruder before retry, it will fail 100% of the time. Today I had the same issue with a print, someone else reported similar issue, where it tried to unload and reload the same filament for an in process print that was at about 10%. Had the same issue where it couldn’t unload the filament. Removed the tube from the extruder, told it to retry, unloaded successfully, plugged the tube back in, told it to resume and voila. Have to assume this is firmware because I can’t seem to see anything else wrong.

1 Like

Filament load / unload is a pretty common pinch point at the bend of the bowden tube where it enters the extruder. There are many iterations of brackets / supports out there like this one to help as a strain relief.

https://www.printables.com/model/338073-bambu-x1-ptfe-extruder-bracket-ams-error-fix

2 Likes

I’m back on 01.05.01 and 06.32 firmware

After I rolled back the printer was fine but with the speeds I was pushing I actually got skipped steps instead of the nozzle parking

The nozzle parking and a laggy touchscreen were my only issues

Now that I know the limits of the steppers (and my belts are wearing on the XY ) it’s time to eeeeeeease the speed back a bit and I’m ordering belts after I type this

So far with my speeds and accelerations dialed back (which is still very fast compared to my other printers and most others) and a thorough cleaning with fresh adjustments and even a loose bed screw it’s printing like a dream again

And for whatever reason the laggy touchscreen isn’t lagging anymore :man_shrugging:

There’s still a few things to sort out for the highest quality prints we can get but at 870 hours of pushing it this printer is still a unit and the other little quirks will get sorted some of which aren’t even an issue for me (ie. warped bed, mines flat)

So there ya go, time to order some belts

@Jrock

May I ask, what is the recommendation for replacing the belts? So many hours? After certain issues start appearing? I’m big on preventative maintenance so I tend not to wait around until an issue starts to surface before taking action.

1 Like

The faster you print the more heat is generated and the belts just wear out

For me I can tell by the reduction in belt deflection (push your finger on the center of the belt when xy are both in their neutral position) and the amount of belt dust or small rubber particles the belt spits off.

Can I run these belts for another 800 hours?
Probably, but from where I stand and from what I’ve seen then 800-1000 hours of print time is plenty out of a set of $15 dollar belts

It’s just preventative maintenance, I’m not one to wait until something like a belt or nozzle are completely worn out and fail before changing them

If you run these printers very conservatively then you might get 3000 hours before changing the belts :man_shrugging:

Plus I can take these old belts and put them aside as a get ya by set

2 Likes

Thanks for the info. Most of the items I print I do fairly slowly. I’ve only done Ludicrous mode a couple of times and that was for no more than 2 minutes each time. After I asked you that question, I looked in my “Bambu Supply” cabinet and realized I had already bought 2 sets of each of the belts some weeks ago. I was doing my “just in case” shopping so I guess I am covered for a while. :slight_smile:

1 Like

For a while there all of my settings were in the beyond Ludacris mode realm for 90% of my prints

I would only slow down for outer walls and bottom layers

It was more curiosity and I’ve had some spectacular failures lol

It’s like buying a brand new Corvette, obviously you’re gonna see what it can do but if you keep on pushing eventually you’ll lose control

I’ve done a few burnouts and gone really fast, now it’s time to drive my X1C nicely

1 Like

Personally, I’m a Hellcat kind of guy. :wink:

P.S. I won’t compare the two cars because you know where that will get us. :grin:

1 Like

Never assume lol

2 Likes

Very nice. I won’t tell anyone you used the “C” word. :wink:

Thank you so much for this! It worked flawlessly. Great solution.

You’re quite welcome. I am glad that I can help out.

Well

I’m back on the old firmware again

I went through all of my settings unselecting everything, even anything to do with time-lapse was off the whole time, that would want my nozzle to park in the front right corner

Slowed it down all across the board

Nothing in Orca 1.6.2 or 1.6.3 made any difference

My prints are going nice and smooth, then the print head goes to the front right corner for a second then picks up where it left off leaving a small snot trail

Other than that I really like the new firmware, I just can’t have this feature mess up my outer walls so until all the bugs are out I’m sticking with 1.04.01

Thank you Bambu for the rollback feature

04.01 works great :+1:

With the newest firmware I’m also not a fan of how the nozzle and bed heat up at the same time which causes oozing

1.04.01 has a different preheat sequence that doesn’t ooze filament when the bed is preheating

Plus there’s an extra wipe at the end of the nozzle wipe sequence with 1.05 that smushes everything around real nice like a kid with chocolate all over their face, not ideal lol

1 Like