New firmware release announcement disappeared

I downgraded, and am still having problems. I’ve tried logging out, then logging back in on the printer, to no avail. I’m about to try switching to LAN-only mode.

Update: Perhaps I misunderstand what LAN-only mode means, but I can’t print directly from Bambu Studio with the printer in that mode. So, I’m giving up.

1 Like

@chmarr
I can confirm, problem still there after downgrade and logging out/in doesn’t fix it.

I am updating again to perform a factory reset

I haven’t updated and I cannot print via cloud nor via LAN. So this has something to do with their service and not local stuff.

They probably discovered very important hardware-killing bug and perhaps soft-disabled printing for all users so they wouldn’t destroy their printers :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Such things happen quickly, especially if you do not have a beta testing program active in parallel with production, so hefty amount of users actually beta test upgrades before production.

2 Likes

If that’s so, an announcement would have been very nice. Mistakes happen; trying to hide them behind silence is not what the 3d printing community is about.

If that’s true, then the first thing that they should have disabled is the option to upgrade to the new firmware; after I downgraded (or “upgraded to previous version” in their lingo), it started prompting me to upgrade to the new firmware again.

A downgraded and it’s not fixing my issue. I can’t send a file to it and the AMS won’t detect any of the filaments.

Mine is dead as well how do i rollback the firmware on the X1c and AMS?

Tried this myself, and no luck; prints still disappear into the ether.

They show up on the SD card if you enabeld to cache print jobs on SD card

1 Like

Same here, can’t print via the cloud. Can’t find the file I sent via the cloud in the cache. But I chose “Export plate sliced file” and saved on the SD card, so printing works.

It can find the printer via the Device page and can see the camera and browse recorded videos. But not sending print jobs :frowning:

Haven’t tried downgrading the firmware.

This does indeed work. Thank you.

That is only my speculation :wink:

You know how complicated it is and how dead serious and tricky it is to get out of this mess is when you are in SW dev industry and you are working on such projects - where end users get software updates. I know that very well. We had a situation once where a programmer working on “update” part of the code f.ck smth up and nobody was able to update from that point on. Also, the bug was so bad that it also prevented everyone from launching the app in the first place, so, whoever updated to the last version could not use app anymore and could not update to the newest (fixed) version, so all people had to manually redownload fixed version. Like I said, you really need public beta testings, which Bambu (currently) lacks.

And announcements of such things always lag behind. But disappearance of FW update announcement hits about something serious for sure. They are probably drafting another announcement as we speak now.

Tried everything now

Upgrading, Downgrading, factory reset, log out & in again.

It also stopped now to cache the print jobs to SD after sending it.

Sending the print job to the printer manually and than starting it on the machine works

Don’t bother. Problem persists even with downgraded firmware. Either do what you’re doing, or leave the SD card in the printer then print, then the job will show up in the printer’s “SD Card” tab.

The firmware announcement is in the announcements section it hasn’t been deleted? Let’s all :sunglasses: and keep calm lol

2 Likes

Mine wont print and both bed and nozzle show 0 for temp

1 Like

Easy to say until you can’t print except of SD card and multi material doesn’t seem to work at all and you need it.

Looks like the other thread came back… or it was never gone and I was imaginging things.

I suggest we move the discussion there.

Thank you for linking the page I was about to do the same.