New Gold PEI Plate with Bambu logo-Transfers to print?

I have a new gold textured PEI Plate with the logo in the center, it came with a new printer. The printing is bellow the surface accept for the ID symbol which is not in the printable area , I also have a gold textured PEI plate purchased as an accessory without the logo and all of the printing is on the surface so the letters on the side will be an issue. I have had the issue with Text from the Black Textured PEI plate and the Engineering plate showing up in my prints.

Interesting, Does the printing being under the texture fix the issue or does it just make the logo less distinct in the print? I was already a bit peeved that the front left corner wasn’t usable because the front face of the extruder falls off if it tries to print there. So losing the entire left side of the bed was just salt on the wound for me. The left corner missing means the usable space for large objects is actually much less than 256x256. Hoping these 3rd party textured PEI plates fix the issue. Bonus that they came with some other textures on the flip side to test out some of the new affects you can get from different textures on print beds.

All in all it’s minor stuff but things worth fixing in future revisions. Compared my old printers these things are fast and super reliable and those are the two things I want from a 3d printer :slight_smile:

I am hoping that it fixes the issue, it looks to me like it should. I have only printed on it a few times so I don’t know for sure yet. I have been printing with my black Textured PEI plate. I am in the middle of a large print with many parts and I don’t want to risk the texture being different on some parts so I aways use the same side of the one textured PEI plate for this project.
I have been printing in the Filament cutter exclusion zone at the front left of the printer a lot, just need to print and install this part: https://wiki.bambulab.com/knowledge-sharing/print-volume-limitations/bambu_lab_printable_blocker.stl
Refer to the Wiki: Print volume limitations, and how to use the full build volume 256x256x256mm³ | Bambu Lab Wiki
The printer will be unable to cut the filament so can’t use the AMS unless you remove the part (or push the cut lever manually) every time the printer needs to cut the filament. If you don’t get to it in time, the printer will give a warning that it could not cut the filament, then you can do the cut and continue on with the print. I would not want to do a print with a lot of filament changes that require the exclusion zone. Would be nice if someone made a modification to keep the plunger pulled back and automatically release it when the cutter was needed.
I have some of those alternate textured build plates, I had a lot of fun making new years eve party paraphernalia (Hats and Glasses) with the different textures.

So, I also noticed this transfer of the logo but it doesn’t bother me for my specific projects. However, I’ve also noticed the texture between the old and new is very different. I received the new one with the logo with my latest printer and really liked the finish and ordered 4 more for all printers. The ones that arrived do not have a logo and are very coarse texture by comparison. I’ll have to return these ones as it means I have to sand for my specific projects.

1 Like

Yes. This 100%. I bought P1S august last year and friend bought X1C about a month later. Gold textured PEI plates are phenomenal for both machines. 2 weeks ago we received X1C at work, with gold pei textured plate but not the same one. Thicker plate, much coarser texture, weird blotchy finish for the parts. Bought a 3rd party cheap double sided plate at the same time, and they seem identical. Old plates parts had to actually be removed. New plates the parts are literally sliding around when I go to take them out.had to resort to aqua net hair spray for reliable adhesion. Bambu has started sourcing from a cheaper, for inferior plate supplier. Very disappointed with the whole experience now. I hope they don’t nickel and dime themselves into a lower class company like most do just to save $3 on an $1800 order. Do better Bambu.