New hot end assembly - nozzle is clogged out of the box?

Hi everyone, I just want to be sure this is actually an issue. There is a bit of soft whiteish clear stuff inside the nozzle. Can’t see if from the outside but if you look down the top you can see it. It’s clogging the nozzle and I can’t clear it with the needle while it’s cold. I could definitely install it and heat it up and/or do a cold pull to see if it clears it but wanted to get your thoughts. Do you think it’s worth it or should I contact support and have them send me a new one in case this one is flawed more than just a clog with like hot glue or something? Like maybe it’s not even fully machined??

Thanks

this is normal, i think it comes from the internal test if the hotend is ok.
if you exchange your hotend for a different size, is it clogged when cold, or do you do a cold pull before you store your hotend or change the nozzle?

if it’s still clogged after installing and heating up, you can still contact support

I haven’t ever changed nozzles yet so I don’t actually know what the best practice is, haha.

The 0.4 nozzle that came with my printer doesn’t have this clog, FIY. Have you bought a nozzle and if so did it have this clog?

To be honest, I haven’t replaced any nozzles yet, but I ordered all the different sizes and also ordered additional replacements, so I didn’t know that a 0.4 was included on replacement. When unpacking and sorting, I also noticed that there was already something in the nozzle, now I don’t know if it’s all or just a few, but I really didn’t think about it and assume that it is due to production/testing . When I’m home later I’ll see how the nozzles look like or whether they are all additionally ordered or just a few.

I have 2 complete .4 hot ends and one bare .4 nozzle plus one complete .6, a bare .6 and a bare .8. The two complete .4 hot ends both have a bit of white way down in the hole, nearly at the nozzle tip. All of the rest except the complete .6 are clean all the way through. I used the complete .6 with wood filled PLA, I can’t say if it had anything it in before I used it.

1 Like

Thanks, maybe the complete hot end assemblies are tested or something. Very strange. I’ll mount it up and push some filament through.

Thanks, if you could check that would be awesome.

Ok, I might not have understood the issue.

I recently swapped nozzles, I just manually pushed some filament through it.

Watched a video and the guy said heat to 260, disconnect the tube from the extruder, and manually feed filament.

I did this and cleaned all the issues, my printer is happily printing away as we speak… Ok, not sure it’s happy, but it’s printing :laughing:

1 Like

I just got out my hardened nozzle and stainless. I can’t see light through either. Somethings in there. I can feel with my needle. But installed it and it’s working fine.