New P1P/P1S version 1.06.00.00

New version 1.0.6.00.00 restricts usage of home assistant and the Panda Touch. The only new way to use those devices/services is with LAN only mode which also restricts the usage of Bambu Handy and practically makes it useless according to the wiki. Kind of disappointing, I understand the conflict mentioned in the patch notes but there has to be another way to allow the devices to work together. They mentioned “The commands from these two channels would execute in an overlapping manner without any order assurance, which is considered conflicting”. Fortunately it doesn’t make the Panda Touch completely useless, but it does impose a significant restriction (I know I can just use the main screen) but the Panda Touch is just more intuitive and faster. Otherwise the other additions in the patch notes do seem quite nice.

2 Likes

BTT is working on an update to the panda touch to use bambu’s cloud “mode” that should have a beta release in about a week they stated on a comment on their facebook user group. It should bring back full functionality.

3 Likes

The home assistant integration already has the option to use cloud mode. I have it setup in cloud mode and can still control the fans and light after upgrading my P1S to 1.06 (I’ve never tried starting a print or moving the bed from home assistant, never had the need for it, or if it is even possible.) I just have a single automation to start the chamber fan if a temperature sensor I put in the chamber reaches a preset temp.