New PEI sheet has terrible adhesion for PLA. 50-60% fails

Previous PEI works fine.

Cleaning IPA, never touching, using also hot water/soap sometimes.

Same as any PEI sheet for Voron etc. (even those cheap ones from China).

That doesn’t work at all for new “PEI” sheet. I doubt that it is the same material as it is the same case as with gold “PEI” sheets, where real PEI was great and fakes were having terrible adhesion issues.

I also noticed that there is some black mist from PEI when cleaning it (never saw it for any other sheet in last decade).

Is the same for anyone else?

I consider returning it as it is not fit for purpose/not as described. If any other PEI sheet is working and only theirs are not, then it is clearly poor quality of their manufacturing.

At their price premiums that is a shocking!

Before I file refund from PayPal I want to double check with other users.

I’m confused. Which PEI plates are you referring to? Bambu or third party? Can you post a link to the plates you’re referring to?

I only ask because I have found that irrespective of which vendor I purchased from, Black textured PEI plates outperforms gold textured PEI plates when it comes to stiction and ease of removal. However, your post doesn’t mention color or when you purchased them.

I would agree that Bambu charges a premium for a product of dubious quality where one can get the same at a fraction of the cost and get it in a much shorter shipping window. If you’re an Amazon Prime member, then it’s also free shipping and free no-questions asked return. I’ve purchased a lot of 3D printer material including plates. If I did not like them, back they went and my refund arrived within 2 hours.

Is it the original bambulab one or some aftermarket stuff?

Bought quite a few sheets and never had an issue with any of them.

You mentioned some “black mist” when cleaning, you could try scrubbing it with soap until that goes away. If you are lazy, you could thow it in the dishwasher, but not sure how healthy that is. (I previously tried cleaning a PEI sheet in the dishwasher and it came out clean).