New V3 AMS's Shipping (Silent Update)

Not sure who else has noticed, but there is a new AMS silent update sneaking out to customers.

This V3 version has new first stages that are Orange vs the V2 that are Yellow and of course different than V1 which requires a logic board replacement to use these new Feeders.

The case is also different now. This is the third type of case out in the wild with a different distance between the side mount slots. Had to adjust the model to support this new AMS vs the other two version I have which are also unique to each other.

Have not opened it up to see if there is a new logic board or second stage but clearly a new version has silently come out.

5 Likes

Would you be game for posting your revised model? At the moment, all of the existing published models are Kaput.

The one I used is this model for the rack.

https://www.printables.com/model/411946-bambu-lab-ams-stackable-stand

and just cut out the two posts on each side of the center post as seen on the image… The original files were not in the project and did not feel like re designing the model since it was and easy cut and fix to support V3 AMS’s

Believe it or not, there seem to be at least six of them. I use the Bambu AMS 2-tier stand using 2020 reprap v-slot aluminum profiles (highly recommended BTW). It lists the first four versions as:

V1 - #1 Kickstarter version
V2 - Comes with the Combo unit (X1CC)
V3 - if ordered as an additional AMS
V4 - #2 Kickstarter version

As if four nearly identical versions wasn’t enough, there’s a couple more versions in remixes:

V5 - Appeared on Printables in June 2023
V6 - Appeared on Printables in November 2023

My original Combo unit (August 2023) is a V3, as is the second one I bought a couple months later. The two newest (ordered, shipped and received as a pair, delayed by Red Sea conflict and I got them just a couple weeks ago) are a V6 and oddly enough a V2. But they all have yellow first stage feeders. EDIT: I was wrong - the two newest are orange gear, I just didn’t notice.

2 Likes

So what you’re saying is these are really V7 since they clearly are new feeders and a new case design. There are only thee designs for the cases that I have seen. Kickstarter, what I call the V2 with yellow feeders and new logic board and new case. And Thise one the new case and new orange feeders that are different, I have all three … I have yet to see designs for other cases … But the way they keep things quiet there could be dozens more out there … But clearly a new one has just been released.

I assume the internals/logic/feeders may be different versions independently of the shell. All versions I mentioned are considering the shell web only, same internal parts AFAIK except perhaps for the early logic board you mention. But it’s crazy there are so many versions of a detail that shouldn’t matter the slightest. It’s like they are doing it to ruin existing stack models :laughing:

2 Likes

Were the changes improvements or just a cheaper way to make something with nominally the same performance? Usually a silent change would be the latter.

We will never know since they do silent updates for all things including major changes list V1 AMS where getting parts required logic boards which is not a small update.

2 Likes

The changes in web spacing seems random, neither better nor worse and it’s not about saving material. It’s almost like they had it molded by six different manufacturers, and was unspecific with the blueprint for that part of the base.

1 Like

That or they have multiple manufacturers and this is how they tell where the case comes from… hopefully this is a joke, clearly but who knows.

1 Like

I have the new style AMS purchased in February 2024 and I made a stand for it and my AMS purchased July 2023 with 5 pockets in the side. I posted it on MakerWorld: AMS Mount - 2 tier tall stand that does not use much desktop space. by Ovityons - MakerWorld

2 Likes

This is interesting information about a V3 AMS. My X1C / AMS combo shipped on Jan 24 and seems to have the orange first stage as pictured above. Not having a prior printer / AMS, I would not have noticed anything until seeing this post. Thanks…

It is also good to know that these may require different designs for use of mounting options due to the modification of the case side slot structure.

I’m impressed: at that that large of a scale, you’re effectively 3D printing furniture from a relatively small machine.

Well, most of that is the extruded aluminum but I do like to print big, my longest printed project was 20ft of custom molding. I would love to be able to print furniture. I did start working on an ottoman, I need to finish that project. I have other very large printed projects in the works.

That “3 approximately 70mm wide side pockets” is likely what was dubbed the V6. I see you did the Right Thing™ of just making more slits instead of more versions! I have had the idea to make a single version that way, that can hold any of V1-V6. Not sure what everyone else were smoking when they made a gazillion of versions.

2 Likes

I’ve had that orange follower when I bought my second AMS on 12/12/23. Bought directly from Bambu and couldn’t get none of the stands to fit at the time. Still never added the stand gave up

FWIW my two newest are indeed orange - I just didn’t pay attention until now :eyes:. So one of them is among the oldest of webs (V2) but has the newest gear (orange),

I think you got the version numbers wrong. I think there have been 5 AMS versions. This might be number 6.

1 Like

Can someone post accurate measurements of the new slot sizes so I can modify my wall mounted AMS holders to accommodate the new spacing?

1 Like

The front of the 3 pockets is 70 mm front to back and 14mm wide at the front and 11.3mm wide ad the back.
The divider between the front and the middle pocket is 1.68mm
The middle pocket is 72.5mm front to back and 11.3 mm wide
The divider between the middle pocket and the back is 1.33mm
The back pocket is 71.4mm front to back and 11.3mm wide.

1 Like