New x1c w/AMS today. Desperate :-(

I can push the blue side and pull the tube out from that side, but not the black one.

Try to push the tube in while pushing down on the black ring. Some are stubborn as heck.

1 Like

Success!!! You were right, disconnecting the AMS and using the spool holder worked (the printer is fine!).

Thank you all so much!

Happy camper :slight_smile:

3 Likes

For future reference, you don’t need to disconnect the black side when moving to a single spool print, just that blue side. Don’t risk adding more friction. Also, congratulations! Sounds like the next task will be dealing with the AMS. Maybe take the win for a few prints though before you dive into that one. Your experience is exactly why I waited to get the AMS for a few months.

Thanks! Yes I found a video that showed the filament going into the black side directly, so I did that and everything worked!

You are right, I feel like celebrating so I am printing the BL scraper grip :slight_smile:

I’ll be playing with some ideas while I wait support to help me fix the AMS.

Cheers!

1 Like

@biofa, there is another thread going on that may address your AMS issue:

https://forum.bambulab.com/t/fail-to-feed-filament-into-toolhead/15614/13?u=level23

Thanks for the tip but I’m afraid I’m not sure what I should try from that thread.

For the AMS issue, check the first couple of inches of filament to make sure it’s pristine without any wear, dents or bulges: all things that can get it stuck. Cut if it’s the case.

So I got a P1S combo not a X1C, but the part of the instructions rhat tells you to use the filament they gave you with the AMS first, to make sure that the printer is working before you freestyle with your own filament, should be in giant letters bolded etc.

They only say that as a disclaimer to avoid people digging up a 10 year old spool from a dumpster and then claim the printer’s not working as intended. Happens all the time.

For the price we pay, a full roll instead of a 1/4 roll as your first wouldnt go astray.

I burnt through those included rolls in the combo in a few hours and my other accessories\bambu extra filamentr was days away… I ended up going somewhere local, spending 5x the price on 1 roll, (non bambu) to keep printing. As their extra filament and stuff always ships separtely to the printer (even if purchased in the same order) so a full roll wouldnt kill them to include. Maybe even ditch the support and\or CF for intial users, just IMHO - everyone has one :stuck_out_tongue:

And then people would still complain they want a different color or material… It’s just never enough, isn’t it?

2 Likes

Your right, good point - Black is always good :stuck_out_tongue: I even hard that you do in fact get whatever is available in that country, some people get green, some orange etc.

print the PTFE tubing tools too. Sounds like you could use them

Ok, I’ve got this very same issue. The I unit works fine when feed from the external spool, which is how I’m using it for now. The AMS will feed all the way to my tool head and still give the error. Nothing is in the path of the filament, I’ve checked. I can see the filament load all the way into the tool head, it just seems like the sensor isn’t seeing it or the extruder isn’t grabbing it. I have not taken the head apart yet, because it works fine from an external load. I’ve run ASA, PLA, and TPU through it with no issues. It won’t load from the AMS for some reason. The AMS has been working fine attached to my other X1C, before any of you asks that lol. It doesn’t matter what slot I tried to load from it just doesn’t work for some reason. I just got this unit a few weeks ago and with the holidays and my work schedule I probably won’t be trying to fix it until after the new year starts, but any ideas would help.

Extruder dust. Additional bowden tube friction from going through the whole AMS system vs the external spool is overcoming whatever little grip you have left. You can test it quickly by holding the external spool filament while going through the motions. You’ll likely hear skipping - you shouldn’t normally be able to hold it.

@joeturczak Sounds like a communication error between the printer and the AMS and it’s not getting the signal back from the filament sensor in the toolhead. The only thing I suggest is to check all the electrical plugs are in correct and do a factory reset.

1 Like

BBL support mailed me an AMS Main Board that I need to replace. Hopefully this will solve my problem.

I found this Wiki page:

but no video yet.

Any advice from anybody that has already gone through this?

Wish me luck…

It’s quite easy to do. I would suggest printing one of the alignment pieces to fit while you have it apart. e.g.:

AMS Filament Pull Back Error Fix by YelTrik Designs - MakerWorld or

Also, suggest you remove the screws on the old board first, then place the new board above the old one and swap over all the wiring connectors one at a time. Then screw down the replacement. That way you won’t have to mark them and won’t have to worry about mixing any of them up.

Thanks! I managed to replace the board and the AMS starts up ok, but the original problem with loading filament has not been solved.

I messaged support again, waiting for a response.

Not impressed with their QA… unless this is a rare exception.