New X1C - X & Y frequency low - timing belt may be loose issue

Hello folks,

i do get the “frequency on X and Y axis is low - timing belt may be loose” error every time when i try to calibrate my X1C. I’ve loosened & tightened the screws several times, cleaned the rods until there was no dust left on the cloth but i keep getting those errors.

I printed some benchys and they really look very bad on normal speed. Several layershifts and the like.

Maybe there’s more i could probably try to fix this issue?

2 Likes

Did you follow the WIKI?

Yes, several times already. There is no dust or dirt left on the rods, the tensioners are moving freely.

If you don’t have belt dust/residue on the back wall by the poop shoot and you are confident that when you loosened the tensioners and slid the Y axis back and worth about ten times then retightened the adjuster bolts fully when the y and x axis were at the rearmost center then maybe it’s the z axis belts underneath the printer ?

It’s an open design so anything that gets trapped under there will easily get caught up or stick to the belt creating unusual resonance or even skipped steps if enough ■■■■ gets caught up

Doesn’t take much so I’m not talking about a filthy print space, it’s just that I don’t think many people think to clean underneath their printers as often as they do with the upper most parts

The z axis drive is super simple in design but you’ll need to flip your printer upside down for access which sucks lol

Good luck and I look forward to reading what you find :+1:

Sadly there was nothing to be found underneath, I even followed that wiki for over 10 times again, but no luck. I did open an ticket and uploaded my syslog, since i think it might be related to the sensor.

1 Like

Hi, and the solution of the story is…?

Support told me they gonna send me an new TH board. Hopefully this fixes things then. I’ll keep you guys updated.

1 Like

I got the new Toolhead PCB and the errors did go away. In addition, the resonance and noise while printing and calibrating changed a lot to the better, its really quiet now and not annoying anymore at all. Prints look fabolous too.

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

I am having this same issue. Tried everything when the printer prints it’s so loud and shakes even on a solid surface.

Me too. I just opened a support case.

1 Like

Same here. I just opened the box and I took same error at the first print.

Same here. Have not even made first print yet……

I just got my new machine x1c delivered today and I am experiencing the same problem and opened a new ticket after performing all the possible steps to fix the issue with no luck, it looks like I will end up waiting for Toolhead PCB