No bluetooth on X1?

Can someone please tell me why the P1P has bluetooth but the X1 does not? I’ve been searching for a way to connect to my X1 other than the micro-sd card. Unfortunately in our school the wifi has been crippled.

I was surprised, to say the least, that my more-expensive X1 lacks bluetooth whereas the much cheaper P1P has it. Further, it’s difficult to tell exactly what features are supported via bluetooth. I suspect from what I’ve read it’s NOT for printer control – maybe someone can advise?

So, has someone with the P1P actually used bluetooth, and if so, what’s it about?

I think you’ll find that almost nobody with a P1P even knew it had Bluetooth. It’s only used to pair with the mobile app and nothing further. It’s all WiFi from there on out. I forgot my printers had it.

Thanks, that’s actually kinda sad. I’m relegated to using the micro-SD for everything, perhaps my least favorite transfer means. Major step backwards, particularly on such an advanced product.

we would be happy if both printers would know 5Ghz w-Lan :rofl:

1 Like

There was a firmware update today that adds LAN-Only mode, which should mean that there’s now some kind of FTP connectivity to the printer (which wouldn’t be limited to LAN-Only mode BTW). I haven’t played around with it yet.

P1P and AMS Firmware Release History | Bambu Lab Wiki

EDIT: I can’t seem to connect to FTP (both with and without LAN-only mode enabled). The slicer can’t view media remotely either. Maybe they didn’t add FTP for LAN-only and are doing something else instead :frowning:

EDIT 2: We can now connect to FTP on the P1P - Bambu Lab P1P - Bambu Lab Community Forum