No connection to the printer though it is connected to the WIFI router

This morning I wanted to start a print and it just can´t connect to the printer, not with the mobile app and not with bambu studio. Same with LAN mode only. Though the printer shows it is connected and the connection tests pass. It also is visible the list of devices of my router.

I tried to update the firmware but it said “failed, please restart” after that the option for the firmware update is gone.

Printed yesterday, no system changes since then. Updated Bambu Studio now, which didn´t change anything either. Firewall off / on = no difference.

What is going on here ? :frowning:

1 Like

For some people it did help to remove all wifi information from printer, restart and enter them again.

When I had that previously killing power to the printer (unplugging) for about 10-15 seconds and then booting up seemed to resolve it for me.

I realize similar problems with X1C. After some time the printer is disconnecting from Wifi / WLAN even in network settings it looks like connected. Remote connection not possible (orange icon) and printer cannot be ping’d from local network any more. Only solution to get Wifi working again is to switch off/on the X1C.

1 Like

Hi Thrawn - I tried for a good while tonight to try and figure out how to “remove” the wifi information and reconnect… Without doing a full factory reset (not ideal), how do you reset or “forget” a wifi network? This is what I was trying to do but cannot figure out how to do it.

Recently ( last 2 days) I had to do a hard reset on my router, but the SSID is the exact same name and 99% of all other devices in the house all worked flawlessly ( except my X1C)

Any insight you can provide or how to reset the wifi within the actual printer like you can on a computer would be greatly appreciated. I like others have the orange icon on the wifi network.

Both the Bambu handy and Bambu studio think the printer is offline. I’m still able to use my SD card but can’t view video etc. Only had the printer for about a week and the first few days were a dream to see the video and actually send it from wifi.

Thanks again, and exactly what I was trying to figure out.

Try hitting the test network :mag: and see what happens.

If you phone has hot spot see if you can connect to your phone.

If no luck try switching it to lan only mode and back to wifi.

Log out of app and Bambu Studio and log back in.

Some people had to factory reset the printer and be logged out of everything before resetting it.

I had to update my router firmware to fix my X1 I think they might have change something with the network security with the current Bambu lab firmware so see if maybe your router has a update.

Keep us updated :v:

Has it been a while since you printed? Like a month or two?

Also try starting from scratch with the bambu handy app and the QR code on the printer screen. I had basically the same problem and had to re-bind the printer to my account.

@3DTech and @Sticks thank you both for your responses. The weekend got away from me, but I followed both of your advice. I’ve only had the printer for two weeks, and for the first few days, the printer was working great. What I’m not sure of is how the printer responds to router hard resets. I did a full reset on my mesh network but named the 2.4Gz band the same as the previous name I had before, but the printer would not fully connect to the internet for some reason.

What I ended up doing was completely changing my SSID’s and did a new network connection. I have a tendency to power off the printer by the switch in the back when it’s not in use. At the end of the day it seemed to resolve the issue and seems to be working as expected.

Thank you both for the quick response, seems the wifi unit in the device is very “finicky” but were back in action!

Having same issue with p1p. What should I do? Thanks!

Have you solved that?

Printing all day with my X1 Carbon, then all of the sudden I experienced that printer was not able to connect to already “known” network. So I tried

1. Disconnect and connect to the network via printer’s small “tablet” - did not help
  2. Forgot network via printer’s tablet and tried to connect again - did not help
  3. Power off/on via button on the printer (I guess that button is for just sleep mode) and tried to connect to the network - did not help
  4. Unplugged from power socket, waited like 30s, tried to connect - did not help

WHAT ACTUALLY WORKED OUT
Disable wireless network via printer’s small tablet, unplugged from power socket, waited like 30s, plugged in, enabled wireless network, tried to connect my network (which still at this stage “forgotten”) and worked out. Started to grind some toys for my kids once again.

I do not know if there is some hack in that working solution or it’s just coincidence.

I have the exact same problem, and it’s occurred before. I have a separate 2.5G network, so it’s not a 5G issue. The printer shows as connected, but there is no connection, the test fails connecting to the router. I’ve dropped the network, added it back, turned it on, turned it off. This has been a recurring issue, apparently Bambu is ignoring it. I’m getting really tired of having to constantly fiddle. I can see that yet another factory reset is in my future. While I really like my X1C, Bambu support has gotten terrible.

And now going thru all the magic incantations and dances, suddenly working. For a while.Oh, except for some random reason, it forgot that it was logged into my account. But wait, there’s more! Studio still won’t connect, printer says it can’t connect to the router, BUT it also said there was a firmware update available and downloaded it. What’s going on?
Ok, finally, after yet another factory reset, it worked for about 20 seconds, then flaked out again. At this point, wireless is useless. I’m really annoyed. There was a notice that popped up in Studio about a ‘network driver’ update, everything started failing after that was done. Hmm.