Nobody's Home?

Did you see Bambu Lab’s Instagram post? It’s their Chinese new year. They said they’d have delayed responses.

Ya I saw that, but remember that my service tickets are over 3 weeks old (January 12th). The Chinese holiday only began yesterday

2 Likes

Hello everyone. I have a ticket opened following a problem with an error message 0300120000020001 “the hood has fallen”. That hood never fell off! My machine has been broken for 2 weeks. My dealer will ask Bambu for 3 pieces to ship them to me. We’ll see how they react. It is true that their response time is very long, 4 days on average. If they are really veterans of DJI, there is a problem because DJI responds within 24 hours. They just sent me a new drone to replace a drone purchased in July 2023 which had a problem. This is a serious company! Hopefully I will have my parts and can get my P1S working again…

This happens a lot with PayPal. Sometimes, they default to one of the old addresses. You need to go to your profile information, and then remove the old addresses.

1 Like

I’ve been reading this, and just yesterday, I ordered a PS1 COMBO, and now I’m a little scared it’s not going to come, or it will come broken.

1 Like

Sorry about that man, I feel your pain. I don’t like to use glue on my textured PEI plates and that happens to me sometimes when I print ABS on them. It just gets so deep into the crevices you can’t get in there with a scraper. I know Bambu recommends glue when printing ABS but I just don’t want that ■■■■ on my PEI plate. I finally gave up and I just use the High Temp plate with glue for ABS.

Looking at the scratches in the center of your build plate I wonder if your Hot Plate is convex. Have you checked your hot plate with a straight edge? They are notorious for being uneven but some are much worse than others. If you can show them an egregiously warped hot plate they will probably send you a new one. That type of defect isn’t something they can say you did something wrong and just ignore.

I don’t have the gold Bambu PEI plate. I do have several gold PEI/PEO plates I bought on AliExpress for like $13 shipped. They work great for me with PLA and PETG. I’ve had some success with the PEO side and ABS depending on the print. Sometimes the edges peel up but I don’t use glue so that might solve that problem.

I’m not sure what Bambu tech support is telling you. It’s almost like you have to prove to them it’s not something you did. I can only imagine they are saying you didn’t use glue on the textured PEI plate and ABS got stuck in the crevices. They probably say you tried to scrape the ABS out with the metal scraper and caused the scratches yourself. TPU is even worse by the way. The thing is that wouldn’t explain the grinding noise or the damage to the nozzle. If you hot plate is warped show them that. If it’s not take a video with your phone and send it to them so the can hear the grinding. That’s the best advice I can give you.

1 Like

Companies experiance recalls all the time. And yes also new ones. The recall is not the issue. It is howbthe campany handles it that makes or breaks it.

There is now way a company can get every product 100% 100% of the time. This is why we have recalls.

Recalls dont mean a financial issue either. Most of the time it is the company that companies like bambu uses for the parts. They screw up and that causes the main company to have the recall

You saw this with samsung and the battery issue.

Most companies do not make 100% of their product
there are other companies involved .

2 Likes

I’m having the same problems with my PEI plates. I print almost all ABS and I hate using glue. I have both the black and gold PEI plates. I print overnight so it’s stone cold when I remove it in the morning. Both plates work awesome for 10-20 prints and then the ABS starts “becoming one” with the plate and being impossible to remove.

Bambu says these plates are suitable for ABS with no glue, but I’ve now got two ruined $40 plates and I’m pretty upset. My support ticket with pictures has been open for over a week with nary a response (maybe because of the new year). Based on this thread, I’m wondering if they will be saying “oh yeah you have to use glue anyway, we just say no glue to sell plates” and you’re stuck with damaged product now.

1 Like

A dusting of hair spray (Aqua Net) normally works pretty well as a release agent and isn’t cumbersome like glue.

4 Likes

Yeah, I guess I should try hair spray.

I hate having to use any sticky stuff on and around my printer. It’s in an office environment (yes with separate ventilation) with carpet, and it’s a walk from the nearest sink to keep washing the plate.

Honestly, the engineering plate with glue is very reliable, so if I’m going to do sticky stuff, I might as well just go that route. I just wish Bambu didn’t lie (or fib) about the PEI plate.

1 Like

Make another ticket, but keep in mind it’s Chinese new year. I have had 3 tickets with them. 2 were good, one was terrible. In fact it changed reps halfway through and then it was decent. Would never have changed if I did not message back on ticket and explain how many days I was waiting. Then got a rude response. I message back again, and then it changed who was handling the ticket. For parts, I find it best to explain everything going on and letting them tell you need a part rather than the other way around.

1 Like

I’ve updated my ticket and have asked why it’s taking so long, yeah. I hope that yields something. My ticket was originally opened based on my experience with the original/black plate. Right as I opened it, I ordered a gold plate thinking maybe it solves the problem (as some people say it has better/thicker PEI). Since then it has arrived and I’ve printed enough that it has stopped working already. So, I updated my ticket with pictures of the gold plate doing the same thing.

This is only my second ticket ever. The first one was about studio issues and the responses there were unhelpful to the point of being ridiculous. Things like “buy another computer” or “get a different router” despite me explaining it’s in a professionally-managed WiFi environment that is “not the problem.”

Pretty disappointing. I hope after the holiday they respond to my ticket and … do better.

1 Like

Well ya they stopped talking to you you tell them what to do. Read their warranty you will see build plates are not under it. The warranty covers materials and workmanship, here is this part of the warranty. Notice it says build plates.

So how are you telling them what to replace under warranty, hummm

Consumable parts with no warranty
“Consumables” are defined herein as disposable items, parts, or components of the product which are inherently subject to deterioration and wear out during the normal operation of the product.

Consumable parts include but are not limited to:

Complete hotend assembly and all its individual parts, Extruder gear assembly

Build plates

, spare sheets for build plates, solid/liquid glues
PTFE tube and connectors
AMS active support shaft assembly, AMS driven support shaft assembly, and AMS feeding funnel,AMS Spool Claw
Filament cutter, scrapper, filament wipers, activated carbon air filter, dessicants, filaments, etc

Ok i can see that you lack the experience to properly understand the situration so let me spell it out for you.

THE BED WAS DAMAGED DUE TO THE PRINTER NOT PROPERLY SETTING THE Z HEIGHT.

THE BED SHOULD BE COVERED UNDER WARRANTY BECAUSE THIS IS NOT FROM NORMAL USE.

Your response makes it obvious you didn’t bother reading the thread. Let me know if theres anything else you need explained to you before you go and spout ignorance.

1 Like

You are new here.

Perhaps this isn’t the place for you as there is no need for shouting and stomping your feet.

3 Likes

Oh no another one. I did neither of those thing. Im merely pointing out that the previous comment was nonsense because they didn’t bother spending the time to figure out what had happened. And here you are defending them. Go away…

It’s not just the recall. Fulfillment is a mess too. I have filament on order going on 140 days now, multiple support tickets opened with no response since they said “they’d look into it” and then closed my first ticket.

I do think CNY has something to do with it presently, which, they do have operations here in the US still, but it seems like every request goes to China first? And then they turn it around to wherever else in the world it needs to go. And since a lot of them are still on holiday, I feel like that is where the sudden disappearance is rooted. Very well could be wrong through.

I love my X1, and it remains night and day better than any printer I have ever owned, but it feels like they really caught lightning in a bottle with this printer because every single other aspect of their business is absolutely horrific, and it needs correcting fast.

1 Like

Ive had prints do that on my A1 as well.

1 Like

Okay, after a bunch of back and forth with Bambu, we have the answer.

They told me that “if you’re going to print a lot of ABS on the Textured PEI plates, you should use glue.” Completely the opposite of what they say on their page:

Their response was very “k thx bye” but I am demanding a refund. I have two $40 plates that I’m using as instructed that are now useless after about 10 prints per side. Even though they say it’s a consumable part (I guess because they’re telling you to not use glue which they know will damage it), ten prints per side is ridiculous. I don’t expect they will care, so I’ll go to my payment processor next.

I love the printer, I hate the service so far, and now I’m really pissed about this. So I think these are my lessons learned:

PSA: Bambu says: don’t print ABS on the textured PEI plate without glue.

PSA: The claims Bambu makes on their product pages are just to sell you stuff.

1 Like

I don’t think you should worry to much, most people seem to be having a really positive experience. And since posting this thread Bambu has now warrantied the PEI plate and the nozzle .

2 Likes