Nobody's Home?

I have 3 open service tickets on my Bambu P1S that is failing on 3 out of 5 prints. Bambu no longer responds to any of the open tickets, one of which is going on a month old. The last response I received from them was back in January.
They stopped speaking to me when I told them the hot end dug a grove into the PEI plate and that it was under warranty and I wanted it replaced. Then the whole printer started failing systematically so I asked for a whole warranty replacement… NO RESPONSE. I’ve been waiting weeks now

5 Likes

the minute you mention warranty, they go silent. I had this issue with one of my AMS heads breaking (using a supposed AMS-compatible BambuLab filament, which turns out to be abrasive.). Because they took so long to get back to me about replacing it, I bought one independently, even though the AMS is under warranty. I told them I bought the replacement part and wanted a refund to cover the replacement, but it’s been a month now and no response. They closed the ticket, and that was it.
I’m sure other folks have had better experiences with getting replacement parts, under warranty, but I haven’t and neither have you, so sadly all I can say is keep waiting and hoping, because it’s not just you.

4 Likes

Wow, that really sucks. I’m wondering if Bambu is having financial troubles, especially due to the A1 recall. I love my P1S but the lack of support is troubling.

5 Likes

The A1 recall was caught very early in its release. It would have been much much worse if it had been a year in.

Personal opinion - It’s not a financial problem (yet). It’s a problem of getting good tech support people and keeping them. I’ve had to hire support people and to get a good one you need to sift though a lot of applicants. It is really tough to find someone that is technically knowledgeable, can think on their feet, is patient and most of all can deal with difficult people over written communication. Hire the wrong type of people and technical support problems/backlog start to get out of control really fast. Technical support is something Bambu really has to work on but most “new” companies in their position get it figured out. It just takes time.

4 Likes

Thank you for confirming it’s not just me. I’m super frustrated by this because I was going to buy a second P1S 9 days ago. Now I’m wondering if I need to look for something else, Bad customer service makes me very nervous!

I actually didn’t know about the a1 recall. That’s really unfortunate for a new company to experience. I also strongly agree it’s hard to find good tech people who also have good people skills :joy:.

I forgot to mention that my second filament order was somehow sent to an address I’ve not lived at in over a year?! I didn’t even know about Bambu till 4 months ago, I asked them how they even got that address, they didn’t answer that, but blamed me for not “address verifying”, They won’t refund my money or replace the shipment. I checked my profile and Bambu has 3 addresses listed for me​:exploding_head:. One old, one unknown and one that’s just right, said Goldilocks :man_facepalming:t2:.

Shooting in the dark here, did you check out with Paypal? That may have added your old shipping address.

6 Likes

would you be willing to post a photo of the PEI plate damage? I’ve seen at least one user complain about a benign result from the nozzle wipe procedure, and from that i suspect there is some confusion - if others can see what real damage to a PEI plate looks like i think it would be useful to the community.

4 Likes

yeah, i’m with you here.
my old mobile phone service provider was a startup and took two approaches to solving this issue aside from trying to hire good staff for a call center:

1. Ambassadors: they had a user forum like this one and pulled ~50 highly active users into a separate group called ambassadors. these ambassadors remained highly active in the forums, carried partial authority (something like unpaid interns), and met periodically with management to discuss trending issues customers faced and how these issues might be resolved. they were initially 100% volunteer based but eventually compensated through a soft-cost model (free monthly phone service, free access to 1 unit each of newly launched phones if they participated in beta testing them, etc). The ambassador program was immensly impactful, created a real sense of community in the forums, etc. it should absolutely be used more often by companies especially during the early growing-pains period.

2. Directly: eventually the same company adopted a 3rd party program called directly wherein through invitation-only signups the forum users (and ambassadors as described above) could log in to be financially compensated for resolving actual support tickets. directly ‘agents’ couldn’t do anything financial, like process a refund or RMA, but they could answer a huge fraction of the technical questions otherwise being routed through to the regular support team. as a result the regular support team was now free to handle the financial and RMA tickets (e.g. if you have a warranty claim on your AMS…) while the directly ‘agents’ would earn a few bucks by answering all those questions that could be answered by a non-employee. directly agents could flag tickets as requiring a higher level of support which would, in turn, get immediately noticed by the regular support team because if it was flagged that meant all the typical “have you turned it off and back on again” type filtering questions had already been asked and answered.

i’d love to see Bambu Lab use either or both of the above solutions.

by the way, in case anyone found the above description familiar: I really miss Republic Wireless. they were eventually bought out and things have changed a lot… but we had a great bunch of years with RW and i think the support models above really helped them to deliver.

7 Likes

Yes I did use PayPal now that you mention it

The black filament you see was embedded so deep into the pei plate I had to use my heat gun to boil it off

1 Like

1 Like

yup, that’s definitely useful for others to better understand actual damage to the plate. thanks for sharing.

was it all from a single print job, or was it damage over multiple prints?
I’ve seen a recent post about the X1C auto leveling failing to set the Z offset properly, resulting in prints that fall off the plate or have infill drag marks. i wonder if your issue might have happened due to a bad Z offset calibration too…?

1 Like

That is a very interesting idea and support model.

3d Printer support is such a diverse and difficult thing to get a handle on. Even with a mostly “walled garden” hardware approach that Bambu has there are so many external factors that can cause issues. Support isn’t only being tasked with troubleshooting actual printer issues, they have to deal with so much more outside of normal product tech support. People using 3rd party filament and build plates, added modifications to there printer etc etc… Not only that but people are seeking support for models that they can’t get to print because of lack of basic 3d printing experience. Those types of tickets probably take the most time to work through.

5 Likes

(edit) It happened on just one print. I heard it “grinding” from another room. I ran in and got it stopped just after the skirt printed. I’ve discovered it also damaged the brass nozzle so I’ve switched that out as well with the stainless steel extra one they provided with the printer.

you’re mad about the plate that’s one thing but bambu did not ship your filament to the wrong address. they did not scrape the dark web for your other addresses and manually send it there. you clearly have multiple addresses saved on your computer or PayPal and that address was on the order page. you’re just wack or a straight moron if you’re not willing to admit this. no wonder Bambu ignores most of you clowns. “bambu shipped my order to the wrong address, but not just any wrong address, one that’s actually saved on every device I have and is an old address of mine, but it’s their fault I have absolutely no idea how it got sent there. they went into my account or the dark web and manually picked a different address that I never entered”

Name calling is part of the TOS.

https://forum.bambulab.com/guidelines

3 Likes

sometimes it is. Ive flagged multiple fan boys for it and the posts remain. Ive flagged blatant racism and bashing the mentally challenged also. Mine get taken down without any name calling involved though. A person can make 3 accounts and flag you with all 3. ask me how i know

2 Likes

Hey thanks for the support everyone. Let’s keep pushing forward and not get distracted by little Princess there.
I do agree with her that Bambu didn’t got hunt down & mail my order to my old address just to piss me off, so I’ll let that topic end.
However, the data Bambu collects from us is not something to be taken lightly ( https://youtu.be/e-90nys9too?si=S6sF6G6C1_L92baN )… that is also for another thread.

Update: I drove out to that old address and the people there had my :package: so it’s all :+1:t2:.