Nozzle temperature malfunction/Support

Hi,

I purchased my P1P les than a year ago. Less than 6 months of using it I started to get a ‘nozzle temperature malfunction’ error and the printing would stop. It would rarely work, more often than not failing. I got so discouraged with 3d printing I stopped printing altogether for a few months.

Now I want to print some things again and of course the error is still there. I contacted support several days ago and received a message asking if I had spare parts to try. I said I didn’t and I didn’t hear back (yet). It is obvious support is really slow…is that normal?

So frustrated with this printer and the service I am seriously near just giving up on this altogether. Sorry for the rant. Upset and disappointed with this. Any one know what I can do to fix this problem?

Thank you.

You shouldn’t give up so easily. I assume that the silicone sock fits properly on the hotend. Start by checking the plug connections in the toolhead. If this does not help, replace the ceramic heater and thermostat. You can optionally replace the entire hotend. The WIKI explains how you can replace everything.

1 Like

Hello RIch, I had the same problem with my P1S a month ago. I replaced the hot end but that did not help. But after a few times removing and inserting back the connector on the hot end the problem was gone for a month. But now it is back. I wondered if you found a solution for your problem.

If you have installed a new heater and thermistor and still encounter the problem with the hotend, which occasionally works when you plug/unplug them, my best guess would be that either you have a problem with the female connectors on the TH board and/or the connectors are not seated properly. For the latter, you can check if there are wires from one connector stuck under the top part of a plug of another, which prevents it from fully setting in. I don’t think your TH board is faulty, but that could also be the case if nothing else succeeds in solving the problem.

I think you are right Warmup. In my opinion are the connectors used on the extruder not reliable enough.