Official eSUN Fast Filaments Print Parameters x Generic Presets

Hi Everyone!

eSUN has printing parameters sheet at their site and it includes parameters for Bambu Lab printers X1 and P1P (you have to dig a little to find it),

Has anyone had the opportunity to use the configuration suggest by eSUN and compare it to the generic configurations of Bambu Studio? I have noticed that there are significant changes mainly in printing speed and nozzle temperature (I have compared TPU 95A and ABS+ configurations so far).

Cheers!!

Update: I have printed first with the TPU generic preset and later using the parameters suggested by eSUN. Great improvement - almost zero stringing!

1 Like

Update 2 - eSUN ABS+: the parameters suggested by eSUN didn’t work well.

I had a previous sample printed some days ago, just using the generic parameters from Bambu Studio (sample 1). Then, tried speed and filament configurations from eSUN (sample 3) and no good at all! Following, just the filament parameters, leaving aside the speed configuration - a little better. At the end, I have printed another sample (4), again using just the generic parameters and it just came out fine.

So, in the case of eSUN ABS+ in my experiments, the generic preset and default Bambu Studio parameters are way better.

1. Bambu Studio default (generic) 0.20mm Standard parameters (printed some days ago).
  2. eSUN filament and speed parameters.
  3. eSun filament parameters only (speed as the X1C system’s preset).
  4. Bambu Studio generic ABS filament with 0.20mm Standard parameters (same as image1).

So that’s it. Those are my findings exploring eSUN filaments parameters for TPU and ABS+. I’m also using eSUN’s ASA filament (with the generic ASA preset) and it’s doing fine. Fort he PLA+, Bambu Studio already has a specific configuration and this is the only eSUN product listed in Bambu Studio (printing fine as well).

Yeah do not find it perfect , but a very good start and in most cases is better than default profile. PLA-LW i found that Bambu profile was better apart from flow and temp, but even then flow was off , using it only to compare temps and flows or as initial settings . Also eASA and ABS i found from batch to batch need different flows varies from 0.95 to 1. PLA+/PETG not so much , still varies but as less sensitive to flow and small variations .

i do compare from time to time since it showed up on their website

IIRC, I had a similar experience to the OP using eSun PETG. i.e. I still had to tune it in orca slicer.

I wrote about it in a lot more depth on different thread, but my takeaway impression was that eSun isn’t very careful in its print recommendations, which is too bad for everybody, including eSun, because I no longer see it as a reason to buy their filament if I have to tune it anyway.

Compare that to voxel filament, which is pretty much a perfect match for the bambu filament settings.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

I’m just looking to have good quality filament as the investment in the X1C+AMS was quite high, more in my case living in Brazil with taxes almost doubling the original price. And I confess Im not in the mood of fine tuning the myriad of parameters and conducting a lot of tests.

Here we don’t have Polymaker or other brands common to the US and EU market available. Although I have purchased my X1C from a local reseller, there is no chance having in the short run BBL filaments selling here.

I can say we do have here a lot of filaments from local companies and they are doing fine with their products but one brand I was using, for instance, has terrible spools and they even fit in the AMS. Same with others, using different spools’ size in different batches so you are not sure what you will get. Printing from an external spool is one thing, printing from the AMS requires a minimum level of overall quality.

I like eSUN because they have a good reputation in the market and, mostly, because they have an official importer and reseller in Brazil and also their prices are very competitive. Therefore, eSUN is for me a solid choice for PLA, ABS, TPU and ASA, so far.

Right! My experience with eSUN PETG was not good. I have to slow speed to reach a satisfactory result.

But just yesterday I have tried to print with white PETG Creality-CR Series Filament using the X1C Generic Profile and the Standard Presets and it came out just great in the first try. No issues at all! Totally different experience from eSUN PETG filament!

I was looking for reliable alternatives to eSUN PETG and found people saying that Creality CR PETG was very successful and easy to print so I decide to give it a tried and now I’m happy with the results. Fo sure I’ll be ditching the eSUN PETG and adopting the Creality CR.

I never had considered Creality filament - actually I thigh they started to sell they filaments around here recently but the experience with their PETG as a good one so far!

1 Like

Is this the one you mean?
https://a.co/d/eVe1O8t

They seem very inconsistent in their labeling. The description refers to it as the CR series, but the label on the spool appears to make no mention of it.

Going back a few years buying Creality filament would have been a joke because the free small amount of filament they included in their printers was so bad that many youtubers would immediately throw it out and use their own filament from the get-go. Times changed though. Now their filament even has premium pricing to go with it.

Yes, that’s it. If you look at other images, you will see the CR in the label. I’m putting a photo of the one I have purchased:

I decided to go for it after looking at this page:

And you are right - their reputation was really bad. Now it seems they invested in having quality products. The even have now a Basf kind of partnership:

I also have printed a Benchy (why not?) using 0.20mm standard profile and PETG generic preset. Here is the result:

1 Like

Have you tried creality’s “hyper” filaments such as hyper PLA or hyper PETG? I had assumed those would print the best, being qualified to print at high speeds.

No, I did not try yet, but I think your assumption is correct, moreover because of the K1s around.

Interesting on the ABS+ results, as I’ve had near perfect results with the eSun settings for their ABS+.

However, that was with the original nozzle on my P1S. Will have to do a test with the hardened steel nozzle I now have and see if the print quality changed with the nozzle change.

Thanks for you input!

Important to say that I didn’t perform extensive tests as there are too many tweaking to think of.

Nowadays, I’m just looking to have good quality prints as much of them are my designs oriented to DIY stuff.

My conclusions so far are:

• eSUN TPU & eSUN parameters (speed and filament settings) = good results
  • eSUN TPU & BBL’s generic filament and standard presets = very bad results
  • eSUN PLA+ & BBL’s specific filament and standard presets = good results
  • eSUN ABS+ & eSUN parameters (speed and filament settings) = very bad results
  • eSUN ABS+ & BBL’s generic filament and standard presets = good results
  • Creality CR PETG & BBL’s generic filament and standard presets = good results
2 Likes

BTW, I ordered a roll of the Creality PETG to give it a try after seeing your post. Thanks. Wouldn’t have tried it w/o seeing your results (Should be here today)

I have lately been printing parts for an AMS riser using an inexpensive ABS that has allegedly been enhanced to have a higher temperature resistance:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BXN5ZMC8?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

Using a 0.6mm nozzle and a 0.18mm layer height, the prints have been nice and crisp:

1 Like