Ok to disconnect ams rear hub

P1s with AMS. Removing the AMS.
Instead of the hassle of removing 2 spools and pushing down the hard to reach level to release the bowden tube for disconnecting the AMS, is there a reason couldn’t I just remove the bowden at the ams hub on the back of the printer and the electric connection on the back of the AMS.??

I guess you mean the filament buffer that’s mounted to the back of the printer. Yeah no problem if you disconnect the bowden tubing there or at the AMS

It is impossible to reach in there without removing the spools. I saw a model of a bowden release tool thing on MakerWorld (or perhaps somewhere else) that had two long “fingers” to reach behind the spools and press the buttons, but cannot find it. It’s out there somewhere…
If you find it please post the link! Tx
:+1:

Yeah the tool press down on the Bowden connector at the buffer was one of the first things I made. It works great. Thanks 4 the advice. Love my ps1. (and gridfinity)

tool press down on the Bowden connector at the buffer

Please post the link as I cannot find the thing again. Thanks

This is the best tool set I could find for the Bowden tube removal:

Theres this one Bambu PTFE Tri-Tool Disconnect Tool by Generic User - MakerWorld

@user_3180665580 Be careful pulling the plug out of the AMS when its powered up, its recommended to power down to prevent damage to the electronics.

1 Like

Thanks but none of these tools is for releasing the PTFE tube from inside the AMS, behind spools 2 & 3, not from the buffer as this tool does:

It’s a PITA to remove spools 2 & 3 so that fingers can reach down to the internal PTFE disconnect buttons.

But perhaps disconnecting at the buffer will do the trick, except that the PTFE is left dangling while the AMS is set aside for a while.

Found it: Easy AMS PTFE removal by Olivier3dPrint - MakerWorld

Well, that tool didn’t work - I can’t recommend it as the tool can’t be inserted behind spools 2 & 3 without removing them or tilting them forwards. The model could be improved by adding a bend.