Oozing at the beginning of the print

Hi,
I am having issues when starting the print, as the filament extrudes a small quantity of filament when performing calibration that it then is not properly clean-up by the wiper, also in the first layer inspection, while doing it, it extrudes some filament. Is this normal? It basically ruins the print

Yes, it’s totally normal. Hotends are always going to ooze since they have melting plastic flowing through them.

Some things you can try:

• Reduce the hotend temperature (if it’s hotter than needed)
  • Update the G-code to wipe again and/or reduce the temperature while the print head is idle so it doesn’t ooze

I do not agree that hot ends always ooze. There are times when the BBL printers seem to ooze a little. Sometimes excessive oozing is caused by nozzle temp too high for a particular filament type and brand.

Please post a photo so we can see exactly what you are trying to fix. (you can just copy/paste it right into the comment here.

I’ve never used a 3D printer that did not ooze a bit when the hotend was left idle at the print temperature. That’s why retraction settings exist, no?

Many thanks all for your answers! Do you know if there is an option on bambu slicer to lower even more temperature in first layer check and while performing calibration? I think the problem as you indicated is that the temperature of the nozzle it too high and it oozes a little bit that ruins the print.

That’s all handled in the G-code. You’d need to make modifications there as needed.

1 Like

Many thanks for the help!

Mine ozzing was cleaned but it started leaking again when bed leveling