Option to allow to remove flow test from build plate

Not sure if it just me or others feel the same but id like to use the whole build plate, with and without doing flow tests. Maybe an option could be added when sending the file to printer that allows a timed pause to allow you to remove the flow test before the print starts??

5 Likes

You can just uncheck it before sending it to the printer or uncheck it when printing from the SD card. The option is there.

1 Like

thats not what im asking, i want to be able to run it and still use the full plate. Not all of my prints will have a prior print where i have already done a flow calibration

if you can wait until the flow calibration is done u can manuall push “pause” remove the flow calibration filament and then continue the print… it is the easiest way…

Untested and guessing here:

This about 6 lines from the end of the start g-code (after the M109) should pause for 10 seconds if flow calibration was on.

M1002 judge_flag extrude_cali_flag
M622 J1
G4 S10
M623

edit: I saw a list of known Bambu specific g-codes somewhere and can’t remember where - anyone know?

2 Likes

Sorry, I misunderstood.

1 Like

I would very much like this feature too. I often print large things that take up the full build volume, and I always use the flow calibration. Currently, I have to sit around for several minutes waiting until the flow calibration is complete so I can remove it. There should be an option when you send the print to the printer, to have it automatically pause and notify the user that the flow calibration is ready to be removed.

Search under the User Mods, someone has done a new set of start and end Gcode, and calls out the test section.

I always wait until it’s done then using my small flat scraper, pull up the 4 strands at the end and peel them off when the actual print starts.

No real need for a pause if you have to stand there and wait.

I absolutely agree with you. When the lidar has all the information needed for the flow calibration you shoud be able to remove those test lines and use the full buid volume.

You can simply disable the calibration and there won’t be any calibration lines to begin with.
If you want to use the entire build plate, have a look at the wiki, there is an article describing exactly what you have to do.

Well that is the point I want the calibration and the full build volume. It will only need some asistance from the user but it could be made as an option in the slicer.

Hello, does anyone know how I can pause after doing these flow and purge tests?

I need to use the entire print bed and I’m interested in it doing these purges, I just would like it to pause after doing these tests so that I can clean the bed and print my 250x250mm piece

Please let the answers include these tests, and do not ask me to disable them

Welcome to the forum.

In the “Preview” tab, scrole the layer to 1 and right click to add a Pause.

Pause

1 Like

When you give the alarm that it is very close to the purge lines, it does not let you do the slicer

The wiki explains how to use the entire print area.

Please do not deviate from the topic, what is requested is clear, a pause to clean and then I can use all the space used for testing

I answered both of your questions. Usually a thanks is what is given.

1 Like

This is an open forum, a place for discussion. Users are encouraged to ask questions and seek solutions. Users do not have the authority to dictate the nature of the answers. By attempting to do so they may remain ignorant of even better solutions that fall outside the restrictions placed on the answers.

In this case, you asked two questions, and received two answers both of which were entirely correct, even with your constraints.

The first answer explained how to pause the print after the automatic calibration lines are printed, to which you responded, incorrectly:

This is the actual error message:
There is no mention of purge lines. (In fact, Studio will slice an object ON the area of purge or calibration lines without an error.) The message actually says the object is too close to the exclusion area, used by Bambu to operate the filament cutter.

The second answer provided a link to the steps required by Bambu to use the full print bed. If you had read and understood it, you would know how to remove that 18x28mm² exclusion area in the front left of the print bed. If you are not happy with doing that, speak to Bambu, don’t chastise those who are trying to help.

Perhaps you could explain why you require the automatic calibration be performed for every print instead of simply manually calibrating flow once, saving the setting, and then turning off the automatic calibration, which saves time, material and bed area?

1 Like