Option to re-home after OK at end of print (A1 mini)

Maybe not the correct forum, but will post anyway :slight_smile:

Im not sure if there’s something im missing, but after every print when the bed pops out presenting the print, I always find myself going into the settings to then re-home the bed as I dont want it sticking out (maybe mainly for aesthetics, but also in case it gets knocked).

I thought it might be quite handy if it automatically re-homes after pressing that final OK prompt that one’s given at the end of a print.

Well you certainly don’t want it to rehome in z, did you mean just X and Y?

This is pretty easy to do.

Just add these 2 lines to the end of “Machine end G-Code” in Printer Settings/Machine G-code

M400 U1 ; User pause
G1 Y5 F3600 ; Move bed to the back
3 Likes

Aha! Thanks. :pray: I’ve only been printing for a few weeks so Gcode is something I haven’t even thought of getting into but will give it a go.

At what stage would this code take effect?

Thanks again
Nick

At the very end of the program but before you have the option to reprint/okay as that is baked into the firmware.

2 Likes

yeah - wouldnt want the height to change until the prints been removed of course.

My thinking was…

-Print finishes
-remove print from bed
-press OK on ‘reprint or OK’ screen - bed automatically rehomes in readyness for the next print or turning off the printer.

That’s what it would do.

Print finishes (moves the bed to the front) and waits with a user pause.

User removes the print and clears the pause, the bed goes to the back.

User is presented with the "Ok/Reprint screen.

There is no way to add in any g-code after the Okay/reprint screen.

3 Likes

Oh ok. Thanks. Will give it a try if I build the courage :).

I guess I can always revert the file If needs be? I can’t break anything can I? :slight_smile: