Outer line prints faster than inner

the outer line prints faster than the inner one, everything is set correctly in the clicer, inner 300mms outer 200mms, i.e. the standard 0,2mm BBL settings, it is also set that the inner and only then the outer should be printed, you can clearly hear that the frequency the outer line gets higher, the stopwatch also confirms the whole thing, does anyone else have the problem?

2 Likes

Yes, I have noticed this as well. It appears that the Inner Wall and Outer Wall speeds have been transposed in the slicer software. I wonder if this is also true for the Line Width on the Inner and Outer Walls? Also, could this be related to some confusion with the Order of Inner Wall/Outer Wall/Infill command being misinterpreted?

Would be nice to hear from Bambu directly on this one.

2 Likes

Bambu Labs has contacted me directly on this issue, and I am told that the actual printing speed relates to the following formula. Speed = Max volumetric speed mm squared/second / ( Layer height * Line width). So it would appear that if the speed settings in your process settings are higher than the results of this formula, the formula takes precedence. In my case for ColorFabb HT filament, 10 / (0.16 * 0.42) = 149mm/s for the outer wall, and 10 / (0.16 * 0.45) = 139mm/s for the inner walls, MAXIMUM speed. That is why the outer walls print faster, and NOT actually at the process settings. Seems like the process layer speeds only take effect as maximum speeds if your volumetric flow rate is sufficient to make them relevant.

UPDATE:
OOPS! Sorry! Got the formula a bit wrong. Should be Speed = Max volumetric speed in mm CUBED/second / ( Layer height * Line width). Apologies!

2 Likes