P1 Series "Smooth" timelapse & "Spegetti Detection"

I was browsing the sale list and seen the P1 Camera/Light and when I read the description Bambu Labs states the following:

“Traditional Timelapse: This feature uses the chamber camera to automatically create a time-lapse video of a print and make an innovative video (Available only on the local network). The Smooth time-lapse is still under development as well as Spaghetti Detection. Please stay tuned!”

Anyone know how long it’s been? This could potentially be useful for P1 series print shops

Smooth Timelapse is available since firmware 1.03.xx and Bambu Studio v 1.6.

Ahh so were just awaiting spegetti now, thank you!

I don’t expect to see spaghetti detection on the P1 series due to lack of processing power. I think that is also why the P1 video quality is less than the X1.

Could be wrong…

I totally expected that as well, but the fact Bambu Labs themselves state its “under development still” is what just got thinking about it again.

I think, they will do the Spagetti detection in the cloud. Then they are independ from processing power of the printer main board and can bring the feature to all their printers, including the A1s and not yet published ones. :slight_smile:

2 Likes