Hey all, has anyone else run into this with their hotend? I only caught it because I was switching nozzle sizes. My prints were still coming out fine. But when I went to set up my spare 0.4 nozzle, the wire retaining clip was completely stuck—fused to the part. I can’t get it off! Anyone dealt with this before or have any tips?
You can get rid of that crud with a lighter/small torch and a wire brush… then it should slide off. It’s hard to tell in the pic but is the nozzle bent?
Thanks! I’ll give that a try. Yes, it is bent. No idea how that happened. There is no damage to my build plate.
Welcome to the forum.
Nozzles usually are bent when they contact that part that has lifted/warped from the build plate.
Is there any other reason for a nozzle to bend? I have one X1C and 4 P1S’s and all my hot ends seem to bend roughly at the same time give or take a day or two. Nothing was warped or had lifted off the build plate. Machines routinely checked and calibrated, but to have 5 machines just magically have bent nozzles at once. They are 0.4mm that came with the machines and are only a year in a half old.
That’s is odd. Which direction are they bent in?
left one is the x1c and never had any issues with that machine. the one on the right is a p1s. we stopped it in time on a print that was grinding. the left one had no warnings at all it was just laying filament where ever it wanted to.

