P1P Camera Module Communication Standard

I was wondering if there is a communication standard that the P1P camera module is using or if you could maybe give out information about the used module? I am thinking about mocking this connection to add more functionality through it. Anyone any ideas or information about that?

I believe it is using the Webview component from Edge to display it, at least on Windows.
It is creating a file on the SD card, which I assume it is just appending frames to. I do not know if the file is being read directly over FTP, or if there is some kind of streaming involved.

The file on the SD card contains Motion-JPEG (MJPEG) encoded files, like it is used from some cheap surveillance cameras. I assume, that this is also the format, what is streamed to Bambu Studio or Handy App.

Are you saying that the AVI files my P1P saves are really MJPEG files?

This is, what Handbrake and IINA told me:

Input #0, avi:
  Duration: 00:01:57.20, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 8791 kb/s
  Stream #0:0: Video: mjpeg (Baseline) (MJPG / 0x47504A4D), yuvj420p(pc, bt470bg/unknown/unknown), 1280x720 [SAR 1:1 DAR 16:9], 10 fps, 10 tbr, 10 tbn

Hi welches Programm nutzt du für die Wiedergabe des Videos? QuickTime funktioniert bei mir nicht.

To watch the videos I use IINA.

I was trying to find something like that in VLC. VLC complains about missing index, but plays it fine.

Do you know if there is an actual streaming protocol being used to transfer the live video, or if the viewer is just watching the file and showing new frames as they are appended?

No, it seems to be something from Bambu Lab developed. If you take a look of the packets sent from printer to Bambu Studio / Orca Slicer, you will find only TCP. Wireshark identifies the packets as “TCP segment of a reassembled PDU”.

I found this annoying so a simple workarround was to use FFMPEG to reindex.

Command line looks like this.
ffmpeg -loglevel quiet -i “inputfile_name.avi” -c:v copy -c:a copy -f avi -y “outpufile_name.avi”

For those not familiar with FFMPEG, it is an open source swiss army knife for manipulating video files and formats. Google “ffmpeg” and you quickly find it. There are some GUI front-end programs which can make the interface more user friendly but I prefer the command line. This allowed me to placed the command inside of a batch file. Since I only use my printer in LAN-only mode, I FTP the contents of the “timelapse” directory into a folder and then click on the batch file to process it there and move the fixed AVI files into a directory, easy-peasy.