P1S AMS1 stops feeding mid tube

I have a variation of the same issue, maybe the same. My AMS hangs up on spool 2, black PLA just before the filament enters the printhead which is located in the tightest curve I see in the PTFE tubing. I can manually push the filament ahead it is grabbed by the extruder and the printer prints normally after that. I shortened the PTFE tubing about 2 inches to straighten out the curve and the next print worked fine.
The next time I printed from that spool, it hung again. The other three positions on the AMS print normally and have never hung up. I hadn’t even considered that it was a problem with the AMS itself until reading this. My next step is to replace the PTFE tubing. I don’t understand why it’s only one spool.

hey yall i was having the same issue as the video posted. My fix was found on a maker world thread (it wont let me post a link) but look up “AMS Internal Hub Unit Fix”

Excellent catch. I took my AMS apart and sure enough, the collator assembly was busted. Unfortunately not in the same way as your post, the spring-arm was shattered. But that’s clearly the problem.

In this case though I don’t think I’d be able to 3D print a new arm because there’s too much pressure and PLA will either crack or deform even if I printed 100% infill (I’m guessing) so I’ll need to order a new assembly. But if it’s the same as the old assembly then it’ll just break again, so I need to find out if they have a fixed version or whether I should get an AMS2 and confirm that this issue is addressed on that model.

I’ll post my findings here.

Thank you @CptPlatypus

They did assure me that the part was upgraded, but the economics of spending $50 for a replacement part vs. $299 for an upgrade it just made more sense for me to go to the AMS2.

I’m disappointed they didn’t just offer to send me a replacement for free since it was clearly an engineering failure from the get-go.

Hi all, I had the same exact problem. So you have to dismantle the AMS, verify the internal hub and check and replace:

This AMS Internal Hub Unit Tension Lever Step file CAD - Free 3D Print Model - MakerWorld

Or this AMS Internal Hub Unit Fix - Free 3D Print Model - MakerWorld

Changed both and fixed the problem

Hope this helps.