P1S Bricked

It shows it on the computer software

Did you try checking each of the tiny wires for continuity? You know, ā– ā– ā– ā–  happens, sometimes.

1 Like

Yeah i checked all the wires as good as i could

mine does the same thing as this (needs to be inserted etc.), i never formatted it and just left it taped in.
sorry about the printer, hopefully it isnā€™t a send back.

It seems to me that I read somewhere that the SD card formatting must be performed by the printer itself.

The reasoning behind that is probably that Windows doesnā€™t seem to offer a FAT32 formating option for certain sizes cards so the easiest way is for the printer to format it. There are ways of doing it in windows but it requires a 3rd party program.

3 Likes

Perhaps someone can explain. In the wiki it mentions to add a file to the existing files on the sd card to prepare a configuration file. Elsewhere in the wiki, it refers to formatting an sd card. Does that mean that the prnter will operate with any correctly formatted sd card, without the configuration file and other original files, once it has been connected to your lan/cloud. i.e the sd card is then only required to store stuff sent to it, g-codes whatever?

If the opā€™s printer firmware is bricked, it may be possible to recover by using a different sd card, with the original essential files copied to it. Not sure if they are available.

I really think the AP board will have to be replaced. I went through all the troubleshooting on the wiki and what I could find online, nothing helped. Support should replace it under warranty, but if anyone would like to have a spare theyā€™re $45 on the site. Becareful with the wifi antenna, itā€™s connection and wire are fragile.

Beware, the AP board on the store is for P1P not P1S. It will certainly work but your printer will be recognized as a P1P not a P1S and you will have to select P1P with enclosure in Bambu Studio to be recognized as P1S with proper profiles. Better ask quote from support through a support ticket to receive the correct P1S AP board which should be at same price.

Anyone know when they are back from holiday its been 2 weeks now and i still have an huge paperweight on my desk haha

They are back from holidays, but maybe have a huge backlog of tickets. I have two tickets with them - 1 month old and 3 weeks old. None of them had any response from the support.

1 Like

Hey man im sorry to bother you but you seem to know what your talking about and Iā€™ve been stressing for a week with my new p1s id really appreciate your advice. So my lcd screen is black, no connection to wifi or anything (bambu studio ,handy ,etc). My Mc board on the bottom is solid green light, on the top its blinking green. My TH light is solid green. When i turn the printer on the AUX fan starts for like 2 seconds, then NADA. PLEASE ANY IDEAS???

Thanks in advance,
Ben

So my issue was that my AP board was solid green and not blinking so it was a AP board and needed replaced. My power supply light was solid as well.

There are some advantages of buying the printer thru retail. You can inspect the box for damage. You can return it within a couple weeks for almost any reason. I suspect that the shipping process causes less damage.
The downside is that not everyone has a store nearby and you might pay more. But none of that helps here.

I dont see any light on the AP boardā€¦whereā€™s it located please?

The AP board is the main display on the printer. If you pull it off on the back there should be a green light

Oh wow! See Iā€™ve never seen that light!! So yea, Iā€™m thinking i may have blew my AP board. Im sorry to keep bugging you about it and i really appreciate your responses. Do you recall where the light is located on the board? The pictures a lil blurry but it looks like its on the side of the board where the lcd screen plugs in? Again, Iā€™m sorry to bug but you seem to be the only one who was in the same boat as me. I cant find any other info on AP light or ANYTHING. Would you mind circling the light in the picture of my board, if you recall where it was.

Thank you,
Ben

well it wont let me up load my picture of my board :frowning_face:

The fact that you have to disassemble your own printer without help from support is unacceptable. Theyā€™re the ones that push these devices as plug and play units. ā€œPerfect for beginnersā€ - their own quote. I have a custom Octopus/Klipper build, Iā€™m perfectly happy/experienced with servicing printers - I expect more of a company that pretends to be more.