P1S Clog error message, but there is no clog

Printer failed in the middle of a print with the error message saying failed to extrude filament and check if the extruder was clogged (0700 8007). I took apart the extruder but there was no clog. I checked the hot end, and there’s no clog there either. The hot end is able to extrude fine by manually pushing the filament through. I ordered a new extruder and installed that today but am getting the same error message. I can see the AMS push the filament up into the extruder, but the extruder never pushes any filament out of the hot end. When I try to manually extrude the filament from the front panel, I can hear a motor run but no filament ever comes out. Using Bambu Lab PLA filament. Any ideas what else to try?

Check the extruder to ensure that the spring is installed correctly. The metal plate that is placed on the spring must point to the side from which the screw is inserted. The screw presses on the plate and thus compresses the spring. Unfortunately, it is possible to install the plate in a different way and not notice it.

The nozzle has some play when installed with the two screws at the top. Push the nozzle evenly upwards to tighten.

Good luck!

Hi KannelKaffe

I verified the spring and plate are installed correctly on the extruder I took apart. I can manually feed filament into the extruder (while removed from printer) by turning the big gear and pulling filament through it. The nozzle seems to mounted ok as well. Any ideas what else to check?

Thanks,
Mike

I would try to feed the filament externally if it otherwise comes from an AMS. Or feed it manually to see if it really works properly. You may then notice whether the filament is stuck somewhere. Push back and forth a few times to make sure that the filament is really pushed all the way to the extruder. Also press a little harder and turn the filament. If it is hanging somewhere, it may slip another 1 or 2 centimetres. If it is hanging somewhere, you have to look for the place where it is hanging.

Hi KanneKaffe,

When I manually load the filament in the extruder and set the nozzle to 220F, I’m able to extrude from the front panel controls. But when I try to load filament from the AMS, it tries and recoils until finally giving up with the clog error message. Seems to be some strange AMS/extruder interaction issue… I can see the filament in the PTFE tube go all the way to the extruder, but the “handoff” doesn’t seem to work.

Any other ideas on things to check?
Thanks!

1 Like

https://www.reddit.com/r/BambuLab/comments/11zqpb1/insight_into_error_code/

I’m having this problem now. The AMS tries to feed filament through, it gets to the extruder, then it just retracts it back for some reason, and does this several times before giving up with the 0700 8007 error.
It randomly started doing it when it was in the middle of a print. It just stopped the print, retracted the filament, then decided it could no longer feed filament through.

I’ve replaced the nozzle, extruder and bowden tubes (2.5mm ID 4mm OD, same as stock) with new ones, and it’s still doing it.
It is going through the buffer.

You might try replacing the buffer. This fixed the problem for me.