P1S Clog on tiny, low layerheight print

I am currently trying to print a lot of very tiny PLA ducks on my new P1S. They are 3x12x5mm in size and are printed with a modified version of the 0.08mm Extra Fine preset. Until now I’ve been printing them one at a time, with the use of the print by object setting in bambu studio, to minimize the potencial of failiure. The ducks have a very small bottom surface and thus, I print them very slowly so that they do not loose their bed adhesion during printing. This method works perfectly fine, even when repeated multiple times. The past few days I’ve tried to print multiple instances of the duck at once to speed up the printing a little bit. However, it seems that regardless of how many I print (I’ve tried a range of 2-100 at a time) the extruder clogs every time. Whenever it clogs i have to pull out the filament, cut it, and re-insert it into the print head to make the printer print normally again. The filamnt is not mangeled or anything, but the extrudes still skips on it. In the pictures you can se how a normal print looks like next to a cloged print. Where (in height) the print starts to clog is very much dependant on how many ducks I try to print at once - the more ducks i try to print at once, the lower down the clog starts.

I feel like ave have tried every temperature and speed setting available, and every brand of PLA I own, but I cannot seem to get it to work. Please, if anyone have a suggestion for how to solve this problem, help this desperate soul :pray: Also, if you need any additional information, just ask and I’ll provide whatever I can :grin:

Do you open the front door or remove the top panel?
Printing with the door closed will cause heat from the hot end and heat bed to build up in the chamber and the extruder motor to get hot.
The heat from the extruder motor transfers heat to the filament through the gears.
PLA softens at low temperatures and deforms unintentionally, causing the extruder to jam.
Try to keep the chamber temperature low by opening the door to keep the motor temperature down.

Thank you for your suggestion! I just opened up the printer head to check for any damage and i did notice that there was some residual yellow plastic on the gears that could very possibly be from overheating. I will try with better cooling now and update this thread with the result when it’s done :slight_smile:

Edit:
I got it to work now :raised_hands: With some trail and error i found that i had to take off the top piece of glass, open the door and also make sure that the aux fan was blowing away the heat of the bed. This has made the bed adhesion for these tiny prints worse, but as i makes the print possible at all, it is a fair trade off. Thank you very much for your wisdom, @user_293868946 :saluting_face:

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.