P1S Combo: Hardened Steel Nozzle and Gear?

If I buy the P1S Combo, does it come with any hardened parts like the hardened steel nozzle and gear or do I need to buy these extra?

it doesn’t, buy them when buying the p1s so u get them cheaper slightly

Yeah the X1C is the one that comes with hardened nozzle/extruder gears

I’d also get the 0.6mm hardened hot end for CF. I clogged a 0.4mm with PA6-CF, but haven’t had a problem with a 0.6mm

1 Like

If you do decide to purchase additional nozzles, consider ordering the “complete hot end” rather than the “hot end with nozzle”.

It is more expensive, but, it is far easier to install if you are going to be swapping them around even a few times.

The cheaper one requires disassembly and manually applying thermal paste.

The complete hot end requires a couple of connectors to be unplugged and the plugged back in with the new one.

Seconds vs significantly longer and messier.

1 Like

TL-DR; You need to buy the hardened nozzle and gears as a spare and fit them as an upgrade.

I have read that some people claim the P1S comes with hardened. Support told me it would. Mine didn’t though. Since they no longer sell 0.4 stainless as a spare perhaps it’s a running change. Who knows?!

I was supplied with a 0.4mm stainless fitted and a spare 0.4mm nozzle in the box.

What I did was

• ordered a 0.4mm and 0.6mm hardened complete hot end
  • ordered a 0.2mm stainless nozzle only.

I then replaced my hot end with hardened straight away, and then swapped the fan and thermistor onto my 0.2mm nozzle, so now I have a complete 0.2 (stainless) and 0,6 (hardened) ready to swap as well as two spare 0.4 stainless nozzles.

The main reason I did this was because the complete 0.2 was out of stock - plus it saved some money.

1 Like

Lately I use the .6 for everything.

1 Like

For faster printing or other reasons?

EDIT: Turns out by the way that the P1S Combo is in fact delivered with both the stainless steel nozzle and gear, so I did replace it.

For printing slower but with the same overall print time. Less noise and wear on the printer. Less clogging. Vase mode becomes more usable etc. You can print faster, but it requires more heat in my experience with the larger nozzle. I really like .18mm layer height and .7 wall thickness lately.

No, as already stated, it doesn’t.

They should just update the printer standard with it, since they also don’t sell a separate stainless gearset. But it’s even still in the extruder replacement.
I think they should just standard equip the P1S and it’s extruder replacement with the hardened steel gears. It would witstand tear better, probably not make a lot of differences in price and it would make things a lot of easier for people.

Then people could still decide upgrading the nozzle when they want to print abrasive materials.
I think information and support could be a bit better with this.

Just ordered my first 3d printer. Got the P1S combo and added the steel gear and steel .4 complete nozzle, along with feet and smooth plate. I should have it by weeks end and will post if they still come with stainless installed.

Also ordered some of the new PETG HF, hopefully it’s good stuff. Kind of excited. A coworker has the X1C and A1, has had a few others and recommended Bambu. It’s all new to me though

Can you share the links of the hardened kit u order for P1S?

Gears + hardened entire hotend right?

Thanks!

As far as I can tell you can only buy them separately.

Those are the parts I bought at the discount rate while buying printer/AMS combo. I believe the extruder was listed in the nozzle pull down window.

I ordered both today now that the complete hot-ends are back in stock in the U.K.

I imagine I will be able to crush little fingers using these with a gleeful look in my eye as I hear the screams.

1 Like

I bought the feet and am not a fan. I have yet to do anything with TPU but do know it is quite soft. The Bambu Lab feet I think are made of TPU.
Once I figure out how to integrate some stiffer feet on to bottom of my P1S those upgrade feet are history.
If you for example need to do a maintenance activity and go to just rotate the printer but all 4 feet are still in contact with whatever table all 4 feet will roll so all 4 feet may be splayed out to left so I find myself having to lift say the two right feet off surface so they can spring back to proper stance then you do left or front then back

Did you make sure that the feet really snapped in?

Not sure if you are responding to me but if so, yes. the top of the foot doesn’t come out. Imagine like a Tootsie-Roll. The top stays in the cup but when the cup moves, the top of the foot goes with the machine while the base of the foot want to remain where it was so it effectively bends. Like most materials of that type, it is going to try to return to it’s “as made” shape. Much like a spring. I just find the feet too springy. I imagine there is an appropriate engineering term for it but for me, I think it is something along the lines of having a high coefficient of friction but that high coefficient is coupled to a material that is entirely too soft.