P1S Control Panel

With the arrival of the P1S I thought I would give one a go and see it stacks up against my 2 Creality K1s. Overhaul impressions are good, its not quite as quick as the K1, the print quality is much the same, the noise level is a hell of a lot better, the K1 is noticeably louder.

The big let down on the P1S is the screen, its more than awful what on earth made them go with such a crappy screen. Its like something from the 80`s For the life of me I just don’t understand why they went for this option on what otherwise is a fantastic printer, shouldn’t be cost as a nice touch screen like the K1 has wouldn’t be that much more expensive.

Also really don’t like that you cannot reprint from sd card via the PC (I might be doing something wrong on that as I would have thought it would be a basic function?)

I am in the market for another printer, just no sure if it will the P1S or another K1 which are both around the monies that I want to spend, if the PS1 had a decent control panel it would be a no brainer to go with the Bambu.

Does anybody know if the are any plans to offer an upgraded touch screen the P1S ?

You can use an old Smartphone as second screen. Bambu made a contest on thangs.com and a iPhone holder was the winner. That’s brought me to use my old iPhone SE as screen the P1P. It’s working very well so that I don’t miss the Touch panel from the X1.

1 Like

They went for that option because of the mainboard. It isn’t as powerful as the X1 mainboard, and wasn’t meant to be.

Also to keep the price down, the screen isn’t that bad, also their intention was the kinematics in the P series not the aesthetics.

That’s is what the price of the X1c is more expensive.

The screen in the P1P works just fine. Most of the time everything is going to be done in Bambu studio.

The only way the P series would have a touch screen is to upgrade the AP board and MC board, also firmware

The board in the P series is not the same as the X1Series. They look very very similar but are different.