This is new. The previous 01.06.00.00 firmware update worked.
The attempt to update to the current 01.06.01.00 firware gets stuck at 32% and then exits with “updating failed” status.
I have tried via the Windows Bambu Studio and also the Android Bambu app, with exactly the same failure (at 32%).
The AMS firmware I haven’t attempted to update yet.
Any ideas? I suppose I should try printing to see if the printer is bricked now.
OK let me answer my own question, and perhaps it’ll help someone else.
tl;dr: There are three ways (four I guess via SD card if you get a file frorm support) to update your P1S: Windows/Mac/Linux application, Android/IOS App (both of those failed) and the third one: use the printer display/controller → that worked.
Third try was a charm: Success!
And I guess the AMS just comes along for the ride, meaning updating one also updates the other.
I haven’t updated yet, but want to make sure I understand you. The only method that worked was using the printer display to initiate the update?
This isn’t normal. I haven’t had issues updating firmware via all methods on my printers. The key I think is a stable wifi connection.
I did the update on my machine via the console. My app will send a file to my printer but I can no longer watch a print or access the camera after it starts. The app just says printer is offline even though it’s printing. I’ve had nothing but trouble since the update a couple days ago. Anyone else seen this happenin
Yes indeed, I tried three different ways to do the firmware update; via Windows Bambu Studio and via Android Bambu App failed.
My printer is in the basement, I do normally do not interact with the P1S display at all. I use Bambu Studio 100% of the time. The Android app I almost never use either.
So, going to the printer this latest update worked when initiated from the printer display. The printer printed a model shortly before the first update attempt, and it updated on the third try from the display, so I don’t see there being a Wifi connectivity issue (I can test signal strength on cell phone in the position of the printer, and it’s got a good signal, and any way, the update worked with wifi as it is.)
So, I don’t have any problem with is at all. Lesson learned: do the update from the display. Easy enough.