P1S first outline extrusion problem

Hi,
I’ve this extrusion problem with the first outline (L shaped) the printer always prints before each print job.

Now it looks very thin, and inconsistent. I can hear the nozzle grind against its bumpy uneven surface when it retracts to start the print job.

I think it happened after I reduced the print speed of inner wall, and outer wall to 5 mm /s as per the designer recommendation to print M3 screw and nut. I’m not sure if this somehow has caused this problem …

Before this problem … I noticed screeching sound from the X-axis movement across the carbon rods … but the printer was still printing the first line fine without this extrusion problem shown in the photos.

I’ve tried the following, and I still have this problem
changed the filament, dried the filament, cleaned the nozzle with the provided needle, 3 times cold pull, and washed the textured PEI plate with dish soap.

and I’ve also noticed these error codes

0300-1100-0002-0002

0300-1000-0002-0002

"The 1st order mechanical resonance mode of X axis differs much from last calibration, please re-run the machine calibration later " from Bambu Lab website

Is what I’m experiencing related to this error, so I’ll just clean the Carbon rods, readjust belt tension, and run full calibration … will it cure this issue ??

Your help is greatly appreciated

Well that would be the standard procedure trying to resolve your error code issue

I doubt that one is directly related to your error codes, from the looks it seems the nozzle is too close too the build surface or the nozzle is obstructed/partially clogged.
First thing to check is that you don’t have some extreme filament K value set.
Next check closely if the nozzle assembly is straight and not bend. If all is good try a filament cold pull or change the nozzle out.

Fixed !!
I agree … the error doesn’t seem related to the extrusion problem … but I adjusted the belt tension, and did the recommended cleaning, and lubricating of the moving parts. and the Error has gone …

I also did a couple of cold pulls but at 250 degrees not 220 degrees like yesterday, then I cleaned the nozzle again with the needle at that temperature … and I tried two different filaments and Extrusion is back to normal … I’m really happy now

So yes it seems it was a partial clog which was hard to identify because the extrusion seemed very clean and normal, it was a straight vertical line … so I didn’t think the nozzle was clogged… Now I know that partial clogs could occur too …

Live and learn …

Thank you very much for your response …

1 Like

since you mentioned bent nozzle … could you please tell me why can bend the nozzle … I didn’t know that this could happen

Thanks

The most common thing that seems to bend nozzles is prints curling up on the bed and the nozzle hitting them. Using grid infill might also be a cause as the nozzle contact the print at each infill intersection so it’s best to avoid using it.

That’s good to know … I never thought that choosing such infill could lead to such serious damage …

I was also told that too close bed could lead to have caused this issue … I never cared about doing bed leveling … but I had to do it when I printed the test Benchy, and it may be part of the calibration that needs to be done after adjusting belt tension which I did … so it may have also constributed to resolving this issue

Good information for us rookies.