P1S With 2 AMS or X1C Combo?

Hello everyone newbie here. Im looking to pick up my first Bambu and Im kinda stuck in making my decision on what to do. I couldnt find a video or post asking this question so Im going to ask here. Please dont flame me I know alot of people ask should I buy this or should I buy that and the answer is usually if your on a budget go with the P1S and if you can afford it go with the X1C. But this doesnt really cover it all. My question is if you had the budget for the X1C combo would you get it or would you get the P1S with 2 AMS units? Im looking to purchase next week and I know all the tech spec’s but I want to hear your guy’s and gal’s who actually own the equipment’s opinion.

Probably an A1 mini combo and a P1S. From what I’ve seen the A1 mini (and A1) print multi colour PLA really well. The P1S is better for other engineering type filaments being enclosed. I know not everyone’s experience but the AMS for P1/X1 doesn’t seem as reliable as the AMS lite when using non-bambu filament.

I had not even considered this as an option. Thank you for making me think outside the box.

LOL, no flame from me. If you can afford it, I’d go for the X1C combo and add one or (even) three AMS units.
Personally I started with the X1C combo (1 AMS) and some 4 months later I’ve added a 2nd AMS unit. For most of personal/hobby purposes having 8 color filaments (2 AMS units) available is usually enough. However, although I’m sure 8 filament rolls are enough for me at this point in time, I’m considering acquiring 2 more AMS units before the end of the year (in principle as a preventive measure, as spares, in case one falls technically), although I’m pretty sure that once I’ll get them, I would definitely not resist using them with the other 2. In the meantime, that’s until I make up my mind, I’m acquiring spare parts for my X1C (motors, belts, sensors, buildplates, hot ends, extruders, and so on), to have at hand when needed and not be dependent on BL’s stock availability and delivery times.
If X1C is for whatever reason somehow out of your “reach” , I’d go for P1S combo, and start doing the same as I do (build up your stock of accessories and spares for your printer).

(later edit) You have also the option of acquiring an A1 combo that might be the answer to your printing needs, and to some extent it’s easier to maintain, and it’s much cheaper. You’ll have to check for yourself which one is best suited for you.
Hope it answers (to some degree) to your question.

1 Like

A P1S with 2 AMS units can never be upgraded to an X1 Carbon (without buy an X1C).
An X1 Carbon Combo can always have another AMS (or three added).

Both options could in future have multiple AMS units which you want, but unless you buy the P1S now, you will never have the extra X1 Carbon features, if they are important to you, unless you later buy an X1 Carbon.

You will only regret buying the X1 Carbon Combo once (when you pay for it).
You may regret buying the P1S every time you use it (if it lacks X1C feature that you want/need).

1 Like