P1S/X1 Venting Solutions

Hi, im looking for a way to vent all exhaust fumes out the window using an inline duct fan on my P1S I figure X1 users are more likely to have attempted this than P1 users as not all of them as P1S (which is why im posting this in the X1 section). I have the duct fan already. Ive been debating between these 2 designs:
Option 1:
Vent for P1S by YGP by YGPark - MakerWorld

Option 2:
Bambulab Rear Exhaust Device by richard.eng.ing - MakerWorld

Ive already done option 2, but I find temperatured hover around 28C during printing which may be a little high?
I chose OPTION 2 because it was a small print and also covered the MC board exhaust. OPTION 1 does have the ability to vent out the top of the riser as well though which may bring temps down, but it also leaves the MC exhaust exposed which could leak fumes. OPTION 1 requires almost 3KG of filament though.

To be honest if i can find a riser that has a vent to duct adapter on it then I could tie that into the duct I already have with a splitter

Just wondering if any of you guys have vented your X1/P1S printers, any opinions on what would work best?
This is what I have so far

I’d recommend checking out this thread: P1S: Chamber Fan Direction - #21 by richbo

It’s not specifically answering your question but the airflow can be improved significantly by removing the carbon filter. This was relevant for me as I printed a magnetic vent to attach a 3" hose which was directed to the outside. I was worried that the increased resistance was actually impeding outflow from the fan but now that the carbon filter is removed, I can feel a decent outward flow of air through a pretty long hose to the outside.

Ah good point. I did remove it because it was actually causing a reversal of airflow direction. But now that you brought it up, I wonder if designing a carbon filter cover with holes in it would further help increase airflow

1 Like