PA6-GF any brave souls out there?

Support told me to get the beta version and

Yeah, I downloaded it last night and its in there, so people will need to wait until the full release, or use the beta. Iā€™d export the cfg file but Iā€™m not sure where everything is at to export.

Iā€™ve used a roll so far and made shelf brackets for my room. Each shelf holds about 100lbs. No issues printing with so far.

I believe 12-20%ā€¦ For your reference, itā€™s listed on page 5 of the MSDS

Bambu Lab PA6-CF MSDS

1 Like

I used quite a bit of Fiberlogy PA-GF with my X1C. My Bambu PA-GF is still sitting in the box waiting for me to get to it, co I canā€™t comment on how that one behaves.

The Fiberlogy PA-GF was fine with PAHT-CF settings. DONā€™T put it in the AMS, it will chew everything.

And Iā€™m more than a bit worried about PA-GF being sold as an ā€œaestheticā€ filament - those glass fibers are nasty (but I expect the BL one to have much shorter fibres).

1 Like

I had the same thoughts.
Despite the lower GF content (max 20%), it is an innovation to make PA6-GF in multiple colours and suitable for AMS usage. At least, I am not aware of a similar filament.
I have never tried, but I am confident that Polymide PA6-GF (up to 30% GF) would wear significantly the AMS.

Did anyone post-process the filament for aesthetics? I wouldnā€™t sand it without full body cover. I need to acquire a spool to satisfy my curiosity.

1 Like

I have 4 spools of it on my ams, have printed about 1.5kg total. Its a great filament, and print without issues from the AMS. Until this purchase, I have been exclusively using Polymaker PA6-GF as my main filament, and have printed over 15kg of it through my P1s. It is not as stiff as the polymaker, as it has 20% fill, while the polymaker has 25%. but it prints great and it has all the qualities I love about the polymaker, but is less abrasive. Mechanical prints work as expected, including when making them multi color. My only advice is to print at 290c instead of the recommended 265c. At 265c the layer adhesion was not great. Destructive testing showed a significant increase in layer adhesion at 290c with bed at 100c. Speaking of bed adhesion, it is better than other GF filaments at that and less warp. Soon I will be testing the strength of the parts, as I built some firework launchers, and will be assembled soon, just letting the parts to reach an equi9librium to ambient humidity.

1 Like

What build plate are you using? I had issues with the Engineering plate using Bambu PA6-GF, and posted a separate thread.

sorry, I forgot to mention that.

I had issues as well, but my issue was that it adhered too well and it pulled up on the sticker on the High Temp plate. I been exclusively using the Textured PEI plate that came with the P1S and Liquid Glue, and it is perfect, strong adhesion, no warp, parts come out clean and you let the plate cool.

BL should pay you :slight_smile: ā€¦ I am convinced and will order a couple of spools.

1 Like

I picked up a couple of spools of the new BL PA6-GF. I havenā€™t had a chance to print with it yet. Any precautions on printing with it? Using X1Cs and P1S, but I doubt Iā€™ll use the P1S as I still havenā€™t changed the extruder gear or the hot end yet. I mainly print PLA and as such donā€™t have a well ventilated area. Not sure on the recommendations for printing this material are.

Also, is the 0.6mm nozzle needed or will it print fine on a 0.4mm?

I have printed a little bit of spectrum GF nylon that I got from 3D Printing USA, I was having a lot of troubles with the one from BambuLabs directly. The one I got from 3D Printing USA certainly wasnā€™t easy to print (but really I donā€™t think any GF PA6 should be easy to print) but I was eventually able to get a couple of prints out. If I remeber right the filament was 30% GF and it is strong as strong can be. I was using it for parts on my boat and they hold up really well.

Slowing my print down and switching to a 0.6 nozzle really helped me out a lot :wink: